Chapter 3

I hope you enjoy this chapter 😅

Adrenaline runnin' through my veins

I'm a skeleton when you say my name

And the high, no, it never goes away

Like jumpin' out an airplane to swimmin' with the sharks

That existential feelin' when you're starin' at the stars

There's a hurricane in my head

But the lightnin' in my heart makes it worth it

Yeah, I still get nervous

When you walk through the door

And you look in my eyes

Yeah, it feels, yeah, it feels like the very first time

I can fall for you forever, I'm certain

'Cause I still get nervous

When your lips hit my lips and the fireworks fly

Sendin' sparks through the air, like the Fourth of July

I can fall for you forever, I'm certain

'Cause I still get nervous

Every time, every time we touch

It's like paradise, fell down from above

And the high, even too much ain't enough, no, no

Like flyin' in the fast lane, no headlights in the dark

That existential feelin' when you wonder what you are

Got a wild wind in my head

But the butterflies in my heart make it worth it

Yeah, I still get nervous

As a board member, it was not a requirement for Zac to attend any of the Chain Breaker meetings but he'd been particularly interested in the meeting today as it kick started one of his own expansion initiatives. He was however running late because his flight had been delayed due to severe weather conditions. He made it to the meeting 20 minutes late and sat in the back of the room where you couldn't really see he was there.

As he's scanning through the crowd he sees her instantly and he can't take his eyes off her. He felt as though he was being sucked into a vacuum freefalling into the abyss. She turns to smile at the person next to her and his heart does this weird thing between a flutter and skipping a beat. On the other side of the room, Fatima was getting herself together before she had to speak when she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up as though someone was watching her. She did a quick scan of the room but wasn't able to locate the source of the feeling. She tried to shake the feeling off so she could give her presentation but she couldn't quite shake the feeling she was being watched nor could she shake the butterflies in her stomach.

She walked to the front of the room and started to give her presentation. As soon as she started speaking Zac could've sworn his whole body, short circuited. All at once, he felt the adrenaline rushing through his veins, and it felt like he had a hurricane in his brain. Looking at the woman, standing in front of him was like that existential feeling you get when you're looking at the stars and you get lost in their grandeur. It didn't hurt that she was built like a stallion either, Fuck, she'd made him hard. In public.