Chapter 6

It had been a blissful few weeks and Fatima hadn't been this happy in a really long time. Zachary Taylor had her cheesing every day since they met. He was blowing her mind in every way possible. Over the last few weeks, they had spent every day together, getting to know each other, talking, laughing and fucking. He had made it very clear he was stuck on her and he wasn't coming off. He hadn't just said it but he had been showing her as well.

She remembers the first time that she had tried to put some distance between them. He had called her to let her know that he had to work late and she wasn't sure she believed that due to her past experiences so she had told him

"It's not even that serious, you do you Zac."

"See you don't even mean that, so why would you say that?"

"I don't, but I do think some distance between us is a good idea so don't come over when you finish working just go back to your place."

"bet"

Fatima hadn't liked the way they had ended their conversation but she wasn't trying to catch feelings so she had left it at that. She went through her usual nighttime routine and had gotten in bed ready to sleep but had tossed and turned for about an hour struggling to sleep before she gave in and called him back and he picked up almost immediately.

"Are you still at work?"

"Nah, I just left a few minutes ago what's up?"

"Can you come over?"

She was annoyed when she opened her door and he was standing there looking fine af and the man had the audacity to smirk at her and say "Couldn't sleep without that Zacquil?"

"Shut up and get in here," she replied jumping into his arms as he carried her to bed. Once he had settled them in the bed it hadn't taken her very long to fall asleep.

Since then they had been in their own bubble and in that they had developed a rhythm, a closeness, a connection where she could have sworn he could read her mind sometimes and vice versa. She remembers a conversation they had about love languages and how much it had helped both of them. Zac had been laying his head on her lap on the sofa when she had asked him if he knew what his language was.

"No, what's that?" She had explained it to him and they had both taken the quiz to find out what their love languages were. Unsurprisingly his main love language had been words of affirmation and surprisingly his second had been quality time. Knowing this did help her understand why he was always trying to spend time with her and she also made a mental note to affirm him daily which would be easy for her since she had been doing it for herself.

She had told him that her main love language was physical touch with acts of service being a close second. Ever since then he always found a way to be in physical contact with her or found some way to do something thoughtful for her. He made her coffee every morning and she had recently discovered he had been paying the security guard at her job a little extra to walk her to her car when she finished work. When she'd asked him about it he had brushed it off saying it was his job to make sure she was good. Knowing he was being intentional and not looking to take credit made her feel warm on the inside.