Chapter 19

Fatima was nervous as hell for Zac to meet her parents. Her father had always said not to bother bringing any boys home because he would hate every boy she brought home. Because of that, she had never brought a man to meet her parents but Zac was different since they were getting married in less than a month it was way past due for him to meet her parents.

They were flying to Philadelphia for the weekend so they could spend time with her parents. Zac was just as nervous about the meeting as he wanted to make a good impression. He knew how very protective her dad was and knew that he would be hard to impress so he had spent a lot of time obsessing over what gifts to bring for them.

Zac had found it funny when she was stressing about the trip in the days leading up to it and she would scowl every time he told her to calm down. He however did not find it funny when she had them waking up at the ass crack of dawn.

"Yo, we're taking a private jet. Why we gotta be up so early,"

"Aww is my poor baby tired? If it makes you feel any better you can sleep on my boobs on the jet," she says smiling and giving him a quick kiss

"You bet your fine self I will,"

He managed to get 2 hours of sleep as it was a short flight and when they landed he had arranged for a car to pick them up from the airport to her parents house where they would be staying. The closer they get to the house the more nervous Zac gets, he knows he only gets one chance to make a first impression and he is terrified.

"Hey, babe are you ok?" she asks taking his hand in hers

"Honestly? Not really, what if they hate me?"

"Babe, they are going to love you, relax," she says squeezing his hand

"Let's do this," he says as they pull up to the house

They are greeted at the door by Fatima's mom Susan and she welcomes him with warm hugs and wide smiles. Her dad James on the other hand barely acknowledges him giving him a grunt and a nod. Zac gives them the gifts he brought them, he brought her mom a bottle of her favourite wine and her dad tickets to an eagles game and James hadn't been impressed.

"Are you trying to bribe me into liking you?" he asked when Zac first gave him the tickets

"No sir, your daughter told me you were a fan of the eagles and I thought you might want to be present the day they could potentially secure their spot in the Superbowl,"

"There's no potentially boy, the Eagles are going to the Superbowl this year."

This had kickstarted a deep dive into sports between the two men, debating about teams, players and sports. So after spending the first hour or so feeling like he was going to pass out from the nerves Zac really felt welcome.

"So Zac, do you play ball?"

"Here and there where I can,"