Chapter 9

"You good?" Zac asks as Fatima gets to the car

"I'm good, are you?"

"I'll be fine. Are you mad?"

"Why would I be mad?"

Kissing his teeth "Oh, you big mad" and they are both quiet for the rest of the way home. When they get home Zac asks "Fatima, what are we doing?"

"Can, I ask you a question, Zac?"

"Oh, here we go. Go ahead."

"Is there anywhere and I mean anywhere that your dick hasn't been? I mean damn, my best friend?"

"Fatima that's not fair. I told you about my past and I told you I wasn't proud of who I was back then, but I'm not him anymore so ya'll can't keep throwing my past in my face. I get that you are mad about your friend and I understand why you would be mad but there's two places I'm not going with you and that's back and forth. So we can either have a mature conversation about this or I can give you some space to process this. Your choice"

"Zac, I get that you are a different man now but I need you to understand that the decisions you made then are affecting me now. So as much as I don't want to throw your past in your face, it's in your past but it's new information to me."

"I hear you and I am sorry about Belinda and Karen. How can I fix this and make you comfortable?"

"I'm not dealing with drama Zac so you need to nip that shit in the bud. And don't worry about Belinda, I'll take care of that."

"I got you, I'll take care of Karen."

"Good, 'cause next time ole girl calls me out my name, it will not end well for her. I am not the one."

"Oh, are you trying to say I'm fucking with a G Fatima? You ain't a thug."

"Ok," she says walking away

"Wait, Ti what does that mean?" he calls after her

The next day Zac calls his lawyers to establish a restraining order against Karen as soon as possible. He was not about to let her ruin the best thing that's happened to him and if his baby said she wasn't with the drama he was gon make sure there was no drama. Fatima decided to go and see Belinda so they could talk. She knocks on her door and when Belinda opens the door she says

"You here to beat my ass?"

"No B, I just want to talk," says taking a seat "WTF was that yesterday?"

"Tima, I'm sorry if I was out of pocket but he ain't shit for all the things he did to Karen and he will do the same to you. I want you to be happy so I had to let you know what kind of man he is,"

"First of all, you don't know what kind of man he is and second B how did you think I would feel with you dragging Karen over there and airing out their dirty laundry in front of people?"

"I'm sorry I didn't think about it like that. When she and I were talking and she was telling me about all the shit he did to her I thought he was just using you to get back at her and I reacted. You're my homegirl and I just want you to be happy,"

"That's the thing though B, he makes me so happy. I've never been happier than I am when I am with him, so you cannot come for my man like that again,"

"I won't, I mean shit he put both me and Karen in our place, but I do feel like I should apologise to him as well,"

"Uh no that won't be necessary, I think we should just let this go."

"He's that mad huh?"

"No, but I just think both you and Karen need to stay away from him,"