Chapter-7

After the doctor's inspection, it wasn't hidden anymore what happened with Rubab on those 15 days. Rubab's family members were numb after hearing the doctor.

Rubab's mother refused to believe the doctor while her father was speechless. He was nonplussed after hearing the doctor. Her brothers just punched the walls drawing blood from their knuckles. They failed their sister. They failed to protect her. The immense guilt was going to haunt them for the rest of their life.

Their situation worsened when Rubab opened her eyes. It took quite a moment for her to realize that she was back in her house. At first, she couldn't even recognize her room. The man has terrorized her so much that even after returning to her house she could only imagine that room where she was captive.

Hiding in her mother's chest she just shivered because that man was haunting her. She was behaving like if she leaves her mother even for a second that vile man will come to assault her. Her terrified expressions, unclear babbling out of fear and teary eyes were enough for her family members to go limp emotionally.

" Mamma, don't leave me. Please," she requested with her tremulous voice. Her fists got tightened on her mother's dress

She was hiding her face in her mother's chest and her hands were wrapped around her mother's body.

" It's ok, baby. I am not going anywhere," Rubab's mother cooed in her ear.

She assured Rubab," Don't be scared. See. Your father and brothers are here too. We all will protect you."

Rubab raised her eyes at her father and brothers. They were already looking at her with emotionally teary eyes.

" Yes, Rubi. I won't let anyone get close to you," Zulfikar forced an assuring smile on his face.

Joheb took a seat in front of Rubab. When he tried to touch her, she quailed at his approach. This time Joheb couldn't continue looking at his sister. He couldn't bear his sister's terrified pale face anymore.

" I can't," He whispered shaking his head and stormed outside the room.

Rubab's father was just watching her silently. In his 20 years of career in the police department, he dealt with multiple cases of molestation and exploitation. Never in his dream, had he imagined that one day his daughter will be in the same situation.

" Rubi, my baby," Selim called affectionately crouching down to her level. Rubab peeked at him clutching her mother's dress like a child.

Selim asked," How about you eat something and take a rest?"

His hands caressed her head gently. She did not scoot away. This touch was protective and trustworthy.

At the mention of food, Rubab's stomach grumbled. She looked embarrassed by the sound because everyone heard it. Her father smiled at her. He hid the pain inside him to make her normal. To make her feel alive again.

" What do you want to eat?" He asked.

Rubab gave a short answer," Anything."

" Suraiya, bring food right now. Make sure the food is warm," Zulfikar called their new maid to serve food for Rubab.

A few moments later, a young woman in her early 30s walked into the room with a big tray of different dishes. Placing the tray in front of Rubab, she left. Not before giving some suspicious glares at Rubab.

Rubab's stomach grumbled again at the aromas of food. Her eyes showed a bit of contentment seeing that the dishes were her favourites.

" How about I feed you?" Rubab's mother asked. Her hands stroked Rubab's back.