Chapter-10

" Whom are you talking about?" Rubab questioned sounding confused and curious.

Her friends turned their heads behind only to find Rubab standing behind them holding Ayesha's phone. Ayesha checked her purse when she understood that she left her phone at Rubab's house. Rubab was here to return the phone.

Rubab heard everything her friends had been talking about. She was clueless about everything. Whom were they talking about? Who was that He? Moreover, she didn't understand Ruhi's hatred towards her. What she had done was that Ruhi despised her so much.

" Don't act like you don't remember!" Ruhi spat. She gave a disgusted glare at Rubab.

Rubab came forward. She didn't get angry at Ruhi's behaviour. She was astonished and curious.

" I swear I don't remember what you were talking about," Rubab said shaking her head in denial.

Ayesha interrupted," Rubab, nothing important. Ruhi, just put a full stop to this discussion."

Ayesha and Tania shared an uncomfortable look which didn't go unnoticed by Rubab. It seemed like they were hiding something. Rubab was confused and suspicious of their attitude.

" You should go back, Rubab," Ayesha started pulling Rubab towards her house.

Rubab twisted her hand in Ayesha's grip. Shaking her head she signalled to Ayesha to not drag her like that. She diverted her gaze at Ruhi who was still glaring at Rubab.

Rubab asked," Who was this he?"

" Don't you remember Da....." Ruhi's words were left unfinished when Rubab turned back on her heels and ran back inside her house. Sharing a suspicious look her friends followed her.

" Rubab....Rubab....." her friends called her but she did not even turn.

Rubab just barged inside the washroom and shut the door in front of her friends. A few seconds later they heard Rubab vomiting.

" Are you ok, Rubi? Open the door," Tania banged her hands on the door.

Rubab's family members ran inside her room hearing the sudden hue and cry. Everyone started banging their hands on the door.

" Rubi, my sweet child! What happened? Are you ok, baby?" Her father called. His voice was already shaking due to anxiety.

After a few minutes, Rubab opened the door. Everyone gasped seeing her messy hair and a bit yellowish eyes. She couldn't continue standing because her legs were jelly. Her brother Zulfikar held her in his embrace. Then he carried her to the bed.

" I am calling the doctor," Joheb left in a hurry.

Rubab's mother settled Rubab on the bed. Pulling a thin quilt over her, she sat beside Rubab who closed her eyes. She was weak. She had no idea why she was feeling this weakness.

" You will be fine," Rubab's mother assured kissing her forehead.

The doctor arrived soon. It was the same doctor who inspected her when her abductor left her in front of her door.

The doctor was checking Rubab while everyone was looking at her nervously. Ayesha was biting her nails, Tania was fidgeting her fingers but Ruhi was untroubled.

Rubab's mother was already in tears. Her father was holding her mother in his embrace to handle her. She was overwhelmed with emotions. She was hoping that nothing serious had happened to her daughter.

" Low blood pressure. It's not that serious," The doctor announced folding her stethoscope.

Everyone shared a relaxed look. Rubab's mother thanked the Almighty looking upwards. Ayesha and Tania sighed in relief but Ruhi just rolled her eyes.