Chapter-11

A few months later

While the whole city was drowned in sleep, Rubab was drowned in her sweat. Tilting her head from right to left she gripped the bed sheet tightly. Though her eyes were closed, her brows were curled with confusion. She moved her legs back and forth. The same nightmare was haunting her. The same men with dark brown orbs!

" Everything was just a joke for you? How could you play with me like that? Wasn't there any value in my emotions?" the man shook her violently.

Rubab sighed lowering her head. Somewhat she was looking guilty like she had done something wrong.

" I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt you. It was just a prank. Please, try to understand. I was just a kid," Rubab tried to convince him.

His hold got tightened around her arms," Kid! Do you think I am dumb? We have been in a relationship for years!"

She wriggled in his arms to let her go but he didn't leave her. He was astonished to see the despise in her eyes. She despises him! How? Didn't she promise that she would like to spend the rest of her life with him? He was baffled by her sudden change in behaviour.

" So, you just used me! It wasn't me who you wanted, you wanted my........." his voice broke.

Tears glistened on his face. He cried plaintively. His hands loosened from her arms. He raised his teary eyes at her. He was stunned to see her impassive expression. Wasn't she
even a bit guilty of what she did? He wondered with a shattered heart.

" Try to be mature. Stop crying and move on," She grimaced. She was irritated by his questions.

Sudden anger took control of his whole system. He couldn't think of anything else. His mind was hollow. He did not think of any consequences.

" You are mine," he chanted. His hands gripped her arms tightly.

He leaned close to her lips having abrupt breathing. She cried out moving her face in another direction.

" I won't let another man........" He paused.

With one hand, he held her by her waist and with another hand, he turned her face to him. Rubab was terrified to see his eyes that had turned pitch black. She didn't understand how a cute boy like him started acting like a monster suddenly.

Where did his respect for women go? Where did his morals go? She wondered. She raised questions about his behaviour but did not bother to look at herself.

" Touch you. You will marry me. You will," His lips touched her lips.

With all the strength Rubab had in her, she pushed him away from her. He collapsed on the floor losing his balance. He looked at her in disbelief while her chest was heaving up and down. Her eyes were showing pure loathing.

" I will never marry a toxic man like you. You are disgusting," Rubab spat.

The man hissed in pain when a thick diary was thrown right into his face. The impact was strong enough to draw blood from his nose. He touched his nose with shaky fingers.

" You are a misogynist. You don't even deserve my shadow let alone my existence," Rubab hissed with disgust.

It was the longest nightmare Rubab had recently. Sitting up she grabbed a jar of water. She chugged down water like she was thirsty for decades. She wetted her clothes due to abrupt drinking.