Chapter-37

Rubab entered the principal's room with sweaty palms and a tear-stained face. Her eyes caught her mother and father talking to the principal. All of them were looking pretty serious. The moment Rubab felt her father's death glares she lowered her eyes. She knew what kind of storm was waiting for her.

The principal gestured to Rubab," This is the second time she did such a result." Diverting her eyes at Rubab's father she shook her head," Sorry, Mr. Mirza. We can't keep her here."

" You should transfer her to a school where such weak students are well taken care of. This school is for the extraordinary students who are willing to do something better in their future," the principal sounded extremely disappointed.

Rubab's father Selim looked at Rubab with the corner of his eyes. He fisted his palms noticing her face. The urge of slapping her right across her face started itching him badly but somehow he controlled his anger. This is not the right place to vent his frustration.

" Mam, give us one last chance," Rubab's mother requested. " We will be more careful of her. If you could............" Rubab's mother was interrupted by the principal.

The principal raised her hand," Just stop, Mrs Mirza. Your daughter has failed the term exam. That means she isn't eligible to participate in the finals."

" We are giving TC to all the students who failed the term examination. We care about our school's reputation," the principal was annoyed. 

Rubab's mother requested," Mam, please. Give us one last chance."

Before the principal could say anything, Rubab's mother placed a bundle of notes on the table. Selim diverted his shocked eyes at his wife who grabbed his hand tightly under the table so that he keeps his mouth shut.

" This is a crime," The principal raised one of her brows.

Rubab's mother replied," Until you reveal it to someone."

" I can't keep your daughter in the school. If I keep her then I have to keep the other students as well. What excuse I will give to trustees?" the principal denied pushing the notes towards Rubab's mother Runa.

Runa pushed the notes towards the principal," You are an intelligent person. You will come up with some ideas. I trust you."

" Before rejecting us, just count the amount of money for once," Runa added and the next second the principal started counting the notes.

Finally, everything was settled. The principal promised that she will change the result to keep Rubab in the school. In exchange, she wants another bundle of notes which Rubab's mother agreed to without any delay. At last, Rubab took a breath of relief but she was still scared of her father's wrath.

The moment Rubab and her parents stepped outside the principal's room, she was dragged to the car by her father. Selim literally threw her inside. Rubab's mother Runa sat beside her and tried her best to calm down Rubab who was constantly crying.

After 20 minutes of a car ride, they reached home. Once they entered the house Selim lost his patience finally. He couldn't suppress the outburst anymore. His burning eyes blazed like a volcano. 

" Are you seeing the consequences of your blind love for this useless girl?" Selim's voice boomed at Runa while he pointed his finger at Rubab.

Runa was silent because she knew that somewhere she was responsible for Rubab's result. She never tried to discipline Rubab. She let Rubab live however Rubab wanted.

" Enough of everything," Selim roared. " I am tired of wasting my money on her," he looked at Rubab dangerously as if he will eat her alive anytime soon.