Chapter-12

" It's gonna be difficult to prove Zulfikar's innocence," The lawyer said inspecting the file.

Selim shouted," If you can't prove my son's innocence then just tell me. I will find another lawyer."

He sounded rude though he didn't want to sound like that. He was frustrated to see his son in the prison. He wondered what he did wrong that his children were suffering one by one.

" There is no point in shouting at me. You have to be patient," The lawyer did not get offended by Selim's behaviour. He could understand a father's feelings.

Joheb questioned holding his father," Why do you think it's gonna be difficult to prove Zulfikar's innocence?"

" Because all evidence is against Zulfikar. None of the evidence is false. They are legit. From CCTV footage to bank transactions, everything is real. That's why I said that," The lawyer explained.

He added further," Moreover, Mr Yazdani is a proud man. He will go to any length to win this case."

Rubab was eavesdropping on their conversation having a disturbed expression on her face. She turned her head at her mother's room where the poor woman was laying on the bed. She couldn't take her son's sudden arrest and her health worsened. Rubab felt her chest getting tightened looking at her mother's pale face.

" And I will go to any length to save my son," Rubab heard her father's determined voice.

Rubab continued hearing them discussing the case. After hearing them she concluded one thing that it's gonna be a long fight. Her brother isn't coming back home sooner. She didn't know how her parents will endure this now. And, Zulfikar. She couldn't even imagine what her brother was feeling.

" How about I meet Mr Yazdani and request him to withdraw his complaint," Rubab thought and instantly felt stupid.

Why would he withdraw his complaint if I request it?  What am I to him? Do I owe him anything? None. What a stupid idea it was!

" What's wrong in trying?" Rubab's heart suggested.

Rubab returned to her room with the dilemma of meeting Mr Yazdani. Will he listen to her? She wondered how she would convince him. What kind of man he is? A proud one? An arrogant one or a kind one?

" I have to meet him assuming the worst," Rubab tried to calm herself down.

***************************************

Rubab reached the office where her brother used to work. She wanted to go to the director's room directly but the receptionist and security guards stopped her.

Rubab came here before with her brother. That time the security wasn't this tough. Seems like the new owner brought a lot of changes here.

" I am Rubab Mirza. I want to meet, Mr Yazdani," Rubab told the receptionist who was a young woman in her early 30s.

She questioned politely," Do you have any appointment notice?"

" No. But, it's urgent. I need to......" Rubab was interrupted.

The receptionist said," Then, you can't meet him."

Rubab clicked her tongue with annoyance. How could she make this woman believe how much important it's for her to meet Mr Yazdani?

" Please, it's urgent. I need to meet him at any cost," Rubab requested but the receptionist just ignored Rubab.

" Please," Rubab grabbed the receptionist's hands. Tears were already threatening to leave her eyes.

CaptiveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara