Chapter-29

Flashback

One month before

Rahella bi and Rubab stared at each other for some time. Both of them had the same question roaming inside their mind ' What is she doing here?'

" You!" Rubab mumbled with absolute disgust in her eyes.

Rahella didn't answer anything. She just looked at Darwish with questioning eyes who was scratching his forehead. Then, she diverted her eyes at Rubab with the same hate she used to have for Rubab.

" Both of you are going to rot in jail," Rubab screamed pointing her finger at Rahella and Darwish.

She forwarded her legs to storm outside but a strong hold around her waist stopped her instantly. Before she could even understand anything her hands were tied up with her dupatta(stole). Rubab turned behind with horrors in her eyes and it was none other than Darwish. His emotionless eyes didn't even blink while looking at her teary eyes.

" Leave me, monster," Rubab wriggled in his arms. " I won't spare you for whatever you did to me."

Darwish didn't reply to any of her words. Picking her up on his shoulder he took her to another room. Rubab kept cursing him with all the degrading words she knew but nothing worked on him. Tying her up with a chair he left without uttering anything. Before leaving he shut her mouth with duct tape so that she couldn't scream.

Coming out of the room Darwish met Rahella bi who was still looking at him with questioning eyes. " What's this girl doing here? Didn't you send her back to her parents?" She questioned sounding confused.

Darwish answered clearing his throat," She is my wife."

Rahella blinked her eyes with confusion. She couldn't comprehend what he just said. Was she hearing right?

" You aren't joking right?" She questioned shaking her head in denial.

He replied," Apparently not."

It took a few good seconds for Rahella to understand his words. " That girl ruined Dawood's life," she reminded looking at him with disbelief.

She yelled in his face," She is the reason that Dawood suffered for years and you married her! You married the woman who betrayed your brother! Are you out of your mind?"

" Dawood is recovering. Let's forget the past and move on," Darwish let out a pissed-off growl.

Rahella bi shook his shoulder," Why her?"

Darwish didn't answer anything because he was afraid to reveal that he had fallen for her.

" I am asking why her?" She screamed at him.

Darwish shot back with the same intensity," Because I love her."

Rahella bi stepped backwards after hearing him. She let out a chuckle of irony. She felt as if she was talking to someone else, not the Darwish she used to know.

" I don't know when or how. I just fell for her. Just don't ask me any question further," Darwish forwarded his legs after giving her a straightforward answer.

But, he halted after hearing her shouting," What do you think how will Dawood feel about your marriage with the girl he loved once? You vowed to make her life a living hell. Where is your vow now?"

Darwish turned behind," I made her life a living hell. Don't you remember?" He started taking slow steps towards her. Rahella didn't even bulge in her place.