002

Chapter 2
Intern

Ivy's first day on the job had finally begun and as she lay awake the night beforehand in deep thought all her mind would come back to was wether she would be physically capable of handling the enormity of what this job entails. Sensitive, compassionate, funny and positive would be words her friends would use to describe her and no matter what situation she would find herself in she'd always manage to see the positive side of it even when nobody else could. The only difference now is that she would be experiencing things firsthand, growing up she always knew what her dad done in work and she always admired him for it, she knew everything he to go through everyday, she used to picture it in her head but this was a completely different ballgame, this would be life changing and the main question she continued to ask herself was wether she was cut out for it or not.

Aaron and Hayley where in the kitchen making breakfast before everyone had to leave. Ivy was thankful that she had a family like this, Hayley always treated Ivy as if she was her own daughter and she knew how hard it was for Hayley when Aaron would go to work, relationships are always hard no matter what the circumstances are but when you're husband is absent for that long most days it does begin to strain the relationship.

Ivy walked over to the fridge and poured herself some orange juice, "thank you for making breakfast use didn't have to do that" she spoke.

Aaron gave her a hug as Hayley set the table "how are you feeling about you're first day" Hayley asked.

"I thought I'd feel a lot more nervous then I am but I think I just want to get the first day over with" she said as she made her way over to Jack and gave him a cuddle.

"You'll do great today Ivy don't worry to much about it and I'm there with you so if you need me you know where to find me... just know that I'm very proud of you" Aaron couldn't have been prouder of his daughter for following in his footsteps he just hoped it wouldn't ruin her outlook on life.

Ivy was getting ready for the day ahead as her phone began to ring, "hey Olivia I'm going to put you on speaker so I can continue getting ready"

"Okay it was just a quick call anyway I've to be at work in 20 minutes and I'm not even halfway there... I was just ringing you to say good luck on you're first day you'll be fine you're dad's going to be there anyway if you need anything" Olivia spoke as continued to drive her car.

"Thank you really it means a lot. I don't want you to crash you're car so I'm going to go and finish getting ready and I'll talk to you later. I love you Liv" Ivy hung up the phone before she could reply.

Olivia and Ivy have been friends for as long as they both can remember. Olivia is five years older then Ivy but that never bothered either of them, they used to be inseparable until Ivy went off to university and Olivia got a new job but everyday they spoke on the phone to each other.

The longer it took her dad to drive to the BAU the more nervous she got it's not as if she didn't know these people, she grew up with all of them but she was worried people would have really high expectations for her because of who her dad was but it was clear the minute she seen the others that wasn't the case.

"Look who finally showed up for her first day at work, how you feeling princess" Derek asked as he gave her a hug.

"I'm feeling good I was kind of nervous in the car on the way over here but I'm all good now" she spoke excitedly.