026

*this chapter focuses mainly on Caitlin*

Chapter twenty six
Betrayal

Theo and Caitlin have been seeing each other for weeks now and at the beginning everything was perfect, they'd spend most of their days with each other and enjoy each other's company. After everything that happened over the last couple of months Caitlin has been on guard at all times, she doesn't know if Austin will try to kill her next to get to Ivy so now she's constantly aware of her surroundings but meeting Theo has put her at ease he makes her feel safe and secure.

Caitlin has been dealing with everything in a completely different way then Ivy has been, Caitlin's spent most of her time worrying about Ivy and in some ways that's helped her because the more she focuses on Ivy's wellbeing she doesn't have to think about what happened to Olivia. JJ has been constantly asking Caitlin to speak to her about her feelings and not to keep them bottled up but the problem is she doesn't actually know how she feels.

"Morning... how come you're awake so early" Theo asked as he rolled over and softly kissed her.

"I've been just thinking about some stuff but it doesn't matter now because you're awake" she mumbled as she curled up into him.

"You know you can tell me anything right because I'm always here to listen" he spoke sincerely as Caitlin looked up at him.

"Em... my best friend was killed a couple of weeks ago by my other best friends ex boyfriend... I've only just realized how confusing that sounds" she laughed as he looked down at her sadly.

"I'm sorry Caitlin I didn't know any of that... did you know the person who killed her" he asked as Caitlin nodded her head.

"Yeah I'd never seen him before though... Ivy told me she was seeing someone at college but after she came back she never spoke of him again and she moved on with Spencer but then Olivia went missing and she finally told me the whole story and how there relationship came to an end... anyway long story short he shot Olivia in the chest and she died at the scene" she spoke softly.

"I'm so so sorry Caitlin... what happened to the man who done it" he questioned as Caitlin took in a deep breath.

"He fled the scene and hasn't been found since" she answered as she began to silently cry.

"You know it's okay to cry... you're bound to feel upset" he comforted her as she continued to sob.

"I'm scared that he's going to come back and try to kill me this time to get back at Ivy" she confessed as Theo looked down at her.