030

Chapter thirtyWar is over

Chapter thirty
War is over

Ivy could see the color drain from Austin's face as he stared at Olivia in shock, nothing could have prepared Ivy for the euphoric feeling she felt while watching Austin begin to panic as Olivia held the gun in his direction. Ivy knew how this was going to end and it would either go one of two ways, he'd get the gun from Olivia and shoot them both with it or they'd shoot him first and this whole nightmare would be over.

"I should have shot you in the head instead... well I won't make the same mistake twice" he spat as he lunged forward.

Ivy threw her foot out in front of him and watched in delight as he fell tumbling down a hill. The woods we're dark at this time of night and there was no sign of any street lights above them or any people around. Ivy never wanted it to come to this she would have been happy to leave Austin in peace after there relationship fell apart but he didn't let her go, everything that has happened since then has been all his doing and he had no one to blame but himself.

"I... I have a little brother to luck after" he stuttered as Olivia knelt down to him.

"I'm sure he's well capable of looking after himself don't you" she smiled as she looked down at his open wound on his knee.

"It looks like you might have hurt you leg" Ivy said in spite as she glanced over a Olivia.

Ivy knew how much Austin hurt Olivia and she knew that Liv wanted revenge but by the look on Olivia's face she didn't want to shoot him and Ivy understood. Austin is the killer here, for him it's a simple task to take someone's life but for the both of them it wasn't as easy as they thought. Ivy had pictured ending Austin's life multiple times and each time she played it out in her head she was the one who pulled the trigger but when it came down to it she didn't know if she actually had it in her to go through with it.

"If you kill me you'll never know where Caitlin is" he tried to bargain as Ivy laughed nervously.

"Austin it's over you have no more cards to play... Caitlin will be fine and so will the both of us but I can't say the same about you" she spoke confidently as she tried to calm her thoughts.

"Neither of you have it in yourself to kill me and you both know it so just leave and I'll never bother you again" he mumbled as he looked up into Ivy's face, her eyes were the same as the ones he fell in love with but there was something different about them now, he knew what he done was wrong but the problem was he could never take accountability for his actions, Austin was never the one in the wrong.

"You've dragged us all through hell and back and now you say you'll leave us alone from now on.... do you really think I'm that naïve to believe a word you say anymore... I don't want to hurt you but I also can't let you get away with everything you've done so I'll give you two options" Ivy negotiated as Olivia gave her a confused look.