029

*this chapter goes back in time to when Ivy finds out Olivia is alive*

Chapter twenty nine
Before

Ivy had noticed how distant her dad had been from her ever since Olivia died and it was beginning to play on her mind a lot. Spencer was happy to have Ivy stay at his house for however long she needed but she couldn't shake the feeling that something was going on with her dad so she decided to follow him around for the day and see if he was up to something.

The day was relatively boring until he pulled up at an apartment complex downtown, it was late at night around 11 o'clock and the neighborhood looked pretty sketchy. Ivy stayed in the car for about twenty minutes until she saw her dad leave and drive off down the road, she had no idea who was living in the apartment but she knew she had to find out.

Ivy made her way up to the door of the apartment and gently knocked. A few minutes had passed and nobody answered so before she walked away she decided to try one last time but she knocked the way her dad always knocks on her bedroom door, everytime Aaron knocks on her door he taps his finger three times against it and then knocks twice lightly so that's what she done.

"Aaron you know I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself... we don't want people to get suspicious" the voice called from behind the door.

Ivy couldn't believe what she had just heard it was as if the whole world just stopped. The door opened and Ivy's world fell down around her. Everyone has a moment in there life when they lose someone close to them and it feels like there world is ending while everyone else around them keeps on going, death is probably the most confusing thing in this world but Ivy had never felt more confused in her life then she did in that moment.

"Ivy... what are doing here" Olivia asked as she stared at her best friend in shock.

"What... h..how are you alive... I watched you die" Ivy stuttered as Olivia dragged her into the apartment and closed the door behind them.

"It's a really long story Ivy and I'm so sorry we couldn't tell you sooner..." she spoke as Ivy cut her off.

"Who knew about this" Ivy asked sternly as she began to pace back and forth.

"Em... you're dad and Emily that's it... we never wanted to keep this from you" Olivia spoke softly as Ivy wiped a tear from her eye.

"I think I need to sit down" she mumbled as she made her way over to the sofa in the middle of the room.

"You have to understand he would have came back to kill me if he didn't think I was dead... we did what we had to do" Olivia spoke with certainty.