018

Chapter eighteen Emotionless

Chapter eighteen
Emotionless

The next few days went by as a blur to Ivy, she returned home with the rest of the team and she took a couple of weeks off university but she would eventually have to return at some point. Ivy spent so many years one hundred percent certain that this was the right career choice for her and in some ways she still feels like that but over the last few days everything has just taken a turn for the worst and she feels like she knows nothing at all.

Spencer hasn't left Ivy side for more then a few minutes since the incident, she hasn't found the strength to talk to anyone just yet but he knew he had to give her some time to process this in whatever way she could.

Emily lost the only sister she had and words couldn't describe how devastated she was but most of all she was constantly angry, she won't rest until she finds Austin Frey and puts him behind bars like the animal he is.

All of the team have felt the loss of Olivia over the past few days, Hotch has known Olivia since she was a child when she used to look out for Ivy, for some time she was the only women figure Ivy had after her mom left. Derek, JJ, Rossi and Penelope have seen the impact Olivia's death has caused to everyone around them but the world continues to move and at some point eventually everything has to move on without her.

"Ivy can I come in" Hotch called from behind her bedroom door.

"It's open Hotch" Spencer called out as Aaron opened the door.

"How is she feeling" he spoke as he closed the door behind him.

"I have no idea she still hasn't spoken to me... I think she's still in shock it might just take a little while longer for her to find the strength from somewhere to face what has happened" Spencer spoke softly as Hotch nodded.

"I know it's not the time for this but we can't let anyone other then the team know she's back in town because if Foyet knows she's back he might come after her to get to me" Aaron spoke as he turned his attention to Ivy who sat in the corner of her room staring out the window.

"Yeah I think that's the best thing to do for now while everything is going on... the only problem with that is what about the funeral next week" Spencer questioned as Hotch looked back up at him.

"Honestly I haven't even thought about that yet everything has just been all over the place these past few days" Aaron answered honestly as Spencer agreed.

"Look we'll cross that bridge when it comes to it but right now we just need to be here for Ivy whenever she's ready to talk" Spencer spoke he sat down on Ivy's bed.

"Yeah I know... I'm going to go out and get a few things for the house would you mind staying with her until I'm back" Hotch asked as he headed for the door.

"That's not a problem at all Hotch" Spencer answered as Aaron closed the door behind him as he left.

The next couple of hours went by in a daze for Ivy, she could hear everything that Spencer was saying to her but she just couldn't seem to find her voice. Memory's of Olivia kept replaying over and over in her head, she could feel what it was like to hug her, she could hear her voice and her laugh as clear as day in her mind and in some ways she just wanted to stay in her head for as long as she possibly could because from this moment on that's the only place she'll get to see Olivia.

Ivy brought Austin into Olivia's life and all she could think of was that it should have been her that was shot not Olivia. The more time she had to think about exactly what happened the more angry she would get, he had no right to take Olivia from her family and her friends, she wasn't his to take and then for him to stand there and laugh after what he had done as if it was nothing as if he didn't just rip the one person Ivy's loved since she was a child away from her.

Ivy wanted him dead she didn't just want him to go to prison for what he did, she wanted him to suffer just like Olivia did on her last few days on earth. Austin chained her up and left her in a cold and dark basement all by herself in the middle of the woods and then just when she thought she was safe and that she'd make it out of this alive he kills her right in front of Ivy just because he wanted too. Austin knew the pain he would cause by killing Olivia and he felt joy in that, in knowing that when he fled the scene that Ivy would be distraught and that she'd have to live without Olivia for her whole life.

Ivy couldn't continue to fight the tears from pouring out of her eyes anymore, she began to sob as Spencer jumped up off her bed and sat down beside Ivy on the floor as he pulled her into his chest.

"It's okay to cry Ivy... let it out" he whispered into her ear as she violently shook and sobbed into his jumper.

"W...why did h..he do this to her" she cried as Spencer held onto her tightly.

"Because he's sick and twisted" Spencer spoke quietly as Ivy couldn't stop herself from crying.

"I hate him s..so much but i a..also hate m..myself because this is p...partly my fault as well he done all of this because of me and he didn't just murder Olivia he's murdered other girls that look similar to me... Spencer all of this is as much my fault as it is his" she spoke softly as she wiped away her tears.

"Don't for once second blame yourself for anything he's done... you didn't ask him to murder girls who looked like you and you certainly didn't ask him to chain up Olivia, keep her hostage for days and then murder her in front of you. Ivy absolutely none of this is you're fault everything he done was because he wanted to not because you made him" Spencer spoke strongly as he held Ivy by the shoulders and looked directly in her eyes.

"I just miss her so much Spence... she was my best friend for as long as I can remember. I don't think I can remember the last time we spent time away from each other, we constantly spoke on the phone or met up in person and now I can't even hear her voice once more or give her a hug... I have no idea what I'm going to do without her" Ivy cried as Spencer looked down at her.

"Ivy nobody expects you to do anything now... you can take as long as you need to find some way to cope but you can't rush something like this it's going to take time and I'll be here with you every step of the way and so will everyone else who loves you" Spencer spoke softly as he brushed a tear from her cheek.

"What if I can't find a way to cope with it" she spoke as she looked up at him.

"Well then we'll cross that bridge when it comes to it" he answered honestly as she nodded.

Spencer pulled Ivy into his chest as they both sat on the floor in silence, Spencer knew that Ivy just needed support right now she didn't need to be constantly reminded of what happened so he thought it would be best to sit in silence for awhile. Ivy knew that Spencer was trying his best to be there for her as much as he possibly could and honestly she couldn't be more grateful for him because he made her feel safe and at home.

~~~

*Authors note*

Hey everyone I'm going to change the day i upload two new chapters to Saturday instead of Thursdays so from now on there will be two new chapters uploaded every Saturday.
I feel so bad for Ivy and Emily!!!
Spencer is so cute <3