005

Chapter fiveAgent Prentiss

Chapter five
Agent Prentiss

Elle Greenaway decided to leave the BAU after everything that had happened, after she got shot things never really went back to normal she was on edge all the time and rightfully so but on one specific case she got too emotionally involved. The team were called for a case involving a serial rapist, Elle's mood and demeanor changed dramatically from the moment they all arrived at the police station, she began blaming the police department for negligence because they hadn't know this man was committing these crimes sooner and Elle then decided that the only way the team would catch him is if she went undercover but she ended up blowing her cover and confronting the suspect head on.

The team had probable cause to arrest the suspect but before he was able to confess his layer arrived and told him to stop talking. There was nothing any of them could do at that point they legally couldn't hold him in custody any longer, Elle felt as though everyone was standing around doing nothing, she began arguing with the officers and Hotchner.

"You're the reason I was shot" she shouted angrily at Hotch.

The rest of the team called it a night and arrived at a motel to get some rest, Elle must have been following the suspect to his apartment and confronted him because Ivy got woken up by Spencer knocking on her door telling her Elle shot the suspect because she was trying to defend herself.

Ivy liked Elle and everything she did that day was out of character, yes she could get emotionally invested in some cases who doesn't but this time it felt personal. Elle never changed her story she stuck by the fact that she shot him in self defense, Hotch and Gideon suspected otherwise they just had no proof, Hotch stayed behind one day as the rest of team went to work another case and he followed Elle for the whole day but he still had no proof that she shot him for any other reason, Elle decided to resign from her position on the team that day. Everyone knew what she had done but with no evidence there was nothing anyone of them could do.

Ivy parked her car in front of the BAU federal building when she saw Olivia and her older sister.

"Hey what are you guys doing here" Ivy asked as she hurried along to catch up to the both of them.

"Hey I didn't know you were working today, Emily was offered the position that Elle used to do so she's just come to talk to you're dad and then she's dropping me off at work" Olivia explained as they walked to the elevator.

"Oh cool but I thought you liked the job you were working at Emily" Ivy questioned.

"I do really enjoy it but when you get an offer like this you can't refuse" she answered as she smiled at the girl.

"I guess you can't... we're lucky to have you" Ivy spoke as the elevator door opened and everyone began going there separate ways.