2

()()()()()()

()()()()()()

Life has been a shit show.

That sentence can always apply to her. From a very young age, she understood that life wasn't a rainbow and sunshine. No one would save you, but yourself. She did just that and that trauma lives within her.

She was unhinged. Maybe that's why she chose this particular profession and the many options she had. Choosing a line of chaos to not allow the chaos within her show. She cannot show the real her to anyone. Never. Too much risk.

She might be in control of her life and decision yet she wishes she had someone who can hold the reins for her when her hands get too tired. Being forced to hold onto her life at a young age took her innocence from her.

Until a guardian angel appears right in front of her. By definition, he might be a devil, but he was everything to her.

Not just one, she had two of them. And she will lay her life for them.

Bringing the attention to present today was supposed to be a day she was going to spend in introduction and tours. Yet, the minute she said her name out loud she heard the loud sirens and shouting coming from outside and in a second she was in her doctor mode.

Being a doctor comes to her naturally. She was always on high alert, in panic situations, and trying to mend someone or herself. That resulted in a very clear passion for being a doctor. The chaos of being a trauma surgeon is exciting to her. She likes that she is in chaos.

The excitement bubbles in her as she prepares herself for the first patient. Just as she saw the door opening someone stood in front of her blocking her view. She frowns raising her head to look at the man.

His eyes were a darker shade of brown. They were special per se. They were just so dark. She contained the shudder that was trying to break through her as she took a step back to breathe properly. His scent was overpowering and his strength was terrifying.

"I have a patient to tend to". Her voice remains contained

"You will not be seeing any patients". He snapped and she took another step back with a loud beating heart, "You didn't even join yet. And I have no idea if you are worthy to treat such complex cases".

He had done it. He hit the nerve and he spoke a total of three sentences. This must be a record.

She straighten her shoulders, "You are not the one who can order me around. I was appointed by Mr. Kabir and he said I will start working today".

His eyes flare, "I don't know what you did to get my uncle on your side. I am telling you that your magic won't work on me. I am not the one you can charm".

She laughs, dryly, "Oh I was dying to charm an asshole like you because I have nothing better to do with my life. Get out of my way".

He gritted his teeth and his eyes narrowed in a warning. Everything flew out when the patient started to get in. Each case was worst than the last. Screams and shouts fill the previously quiet atmosphere.

After a full 12 hours shift where she barely saw the asshole, she was exhausted. She knows before she comes here that this won't be easy. She heard everything about this place. She knows the shortage of staff members.

She stretched her body for quick relief when she heard a loud throat clearing. 

She looks at the man again, "What do you want now?"

"For your information, I will be your supervisor". His voice was rough and raspy, "And you will respect me regardless. If I find, and I know I will, one mistake of yours. You will be out of here".

She grumbles, "Who are you?"

He looks taken aback, "You don't have to know that".

It's like every time he speaks to her there is anger and hatred. She narrows her eyes at his tone because she will not be respecting him if this is the way he will speak to her. She will tolerate him. She has had the worst of luck anyways. This wasn't big enough to break her.

She needs this job.

After all the support she received from a young age. This is the only way to pay back and finally be free for everyone. She just wants to be free.

She shrugged, "As you say, Sir".

She takes another step back walking to a different exit even though she was supposed to go a different way. She could feel the heat of his glare and she struggled to keep her breathing normal.

She manages to get through the next four days straight with his attitude. Unfortunately, with his attitude comes the attitude of everyone on the staff. Apparently, he rules them. So, to not upset him, no one did anything beyond what they were meant to do. Which means she rarely has a nurse even when she desperately needs one. Even if she did have a nurse, he would take her away.

She just rolls her eyes.

On the fifth day, she was assigned Mrs. Aaira for her checkup. She tried to calm her heart down when she found her husband standing beside her whispering softly to her. Aaira wasn't saying much or even looking at her husband yet the soft look in his eyes speaks how much he loves her.

The only problem was that she was afraid of large things whether it was people or plain things. She hates them. She is terrified.

This is ridiculous because she had full training in army camps where she dealt with stronger and larger men. Even then her heart used to stop often and now it seems to do the same. She hates how her hands get crappy and sweaty. She hates how her head starts hurting. She hates this feeling.

Suffocation.

"Good day, I am your doctor for the day". She tried to be cheerful yet her voice was hoarse

"Who are you?" Aaira's husband snapped making her heart rate spike

"I-I am a new doctor. I joined just a week ago".

Aaira's husband's eyes narrow as he covers his wife glaring at her. She hides her hand behind her.

"Kabir took my examination". It was fruitful to think he will even consider her with that knowledge

Yet, he seems to think for a minute and after an even longer painful eye contact with the man, he stepped away. Still holding his wife's hand.

She smiles tentatively as she steps closer to Aaira and started checking her. Just as she was about to check her heartbeat a loud bang on the door occurred surprisingly both Aaira and her. In a second she has pushed away and landed backward against the wall hitting her hand across a sharp object.

Her eyes widened as the fear gripped her looking at Ehaan.

"Who do you think you are to check on my sister?"

She might die soon from a heart attack at this hospital.