10

How does one feel when one meets the family of her future husband?

She wasn't sure.

After a month of being released and almost at her full potential, Kabir suggested she meet Ehan's parents. She had seen the distress on Ehan's face at the mention of his parents meeting her. His eyes had filled with a similar hatred and her heart hurt.

She wasn't sure why he hated her so much. Even when he was gentle throughout the time she was healing, she caught a glimpse of times when he would clench his jaw and frown at her. He would've outright said things anymore. It was like he was brewing his hatred inside of him now.

She wasn't sure how to feel about meeting his parents after his clear distress over that matter. More so, because someone who had lived a full life in isolation without grown adults, and the only grown adult she saw was the worst of them, she was simply not expecting anything.

In the end, adults or elders were all old-fashioned and unpredictable. They all have the side of them that they show when the time is here.

She took a deep breath.

She knocks on the door because apparently Ehan didn't want to pick his fake-fiancee up and she had to take a taxi here. She should really get a license but the traffic always scares her. All those accidents and the aftermath of it she saw every other day at work just ruins it for her.

She heard shouts and a moment later an elder version of Ehan was in front of her. The man's face was strict and hard. He was huge. His broad shoulder and wide stance made her heart rate spike. Even with an older face and few wrinkles, he was intimidating. She hates, no, despises huge things.

She instinctively took a step back. If he were to raise his hand and strike her, it will hurt so bad. She knows. She knows how it feels.

"You must be my son's fiancee". The man whose name she had learned from the internet is Usman grumble, "Do come in".

Usman didn't show any emotions on his face much like his son when he is not around her. Because around her he would glare, curse, narrow his eyes, frown, and grumble. Otherwise, Ehan would be a perfect picture of a void. Runs in the family, she guesses.

"Sit". Usman instructed to the living room couch and she immediately sat down with a heavy feeling in her guts, "Since my wife is busy with preparing my son to look perfect for you, let me ask you something, Ziva". He leans forward and she could feel the panic rising in her, "Why Ehan?"

"W-What?"

"Why do you like my son?" His voice was gruff and no-nonsense

She gulped. She has no idea why she will ever choose a man who openly hates her. Then again, all men in her life had hated her. She was sure there was something wrong with her to face such a fate. Even if she met a man a minute ago, she is sure he will hate her in the end. Usman will hate her too. Kabir just pities her. Ehan hates her. Everyone does.