12

She walks out of the room towards the backyard where the celebration was happening

She walks out of the room towards the backyard where the celebration was happening. Her eyes roam around until she found Kabir's eyes. She smiles as she tries to break free from her husband's hold.

"I want to go to Kabir". She whispers even though the loud sounds around wouldn't have heard her

He gaze at her and then at Kabir as he nodded. It took more than a minute before he let her hand go and an immediate frown appear on his face as he looks at his palm. She was sure he must be disgusted or something for holding her hand.

She shakes her head to clear her thoughts and walks towards Kabir who straighten from his position once she was closer and his lips twitching a little. A smile for her. It warms her heart even when the gesture is so small.

"You look beautiful". Kabir said as he makes space beside him for her

She sits trying to adjust her dress and Kabir moves to stand giving her the space to adjust her dress without creezing it. She smiles at him.

"You don't have to do that".

"My wife taught me better". Kabir shrugged and she couldn't help but giggle imagining his wife scolding him, "Laugh all you want. Even you know how scary she can be when she is angry. Her dresses are one of her pride".

Her eyes soften, "She loves you".

"So do I". His face appears more humane, then he looks at her, "Do you love him, Ziva?"

Her smile vanished almost instantly and the warmth that she felt just a moment ago disappeared.

Her eyes turn to find him and he was busy standing with his family speaking about something. His face was relaxed and calculating. Yet, his eyes weren't angry or annoyed. He looks genuinely interested in listening to them. He wasn't agitated by them. He was a part of them. A little darker part of them. But still a part. Nothing how he is with her.

"Does it matter? I am married to him".

She saw the anger on Kabir's face before she could feel it coming off him.

"Just like I got you married to him in a matter of hours, I can get you divorce in less time". His voice was stern

"I am ok. I promise. I just- you know how hard it is for me. I never thought about such a big change in my life with everything going on. I think I am still in shock and a bit of euphoria. A mixture of them has caused a bit of anxiety too".

"You didn't answer my question, Ziva". He noted and of course, he did because nothing escapes him

She smiles at him with a heavy heart shielding away her emotions as she always does, "Of course, I do. It took me time to come to terms with. But, he was patient and present".

Lies.

Before he could've asked her further she heard someone calling her name and found Azaan Zafar walking towards her with a wide grin.