She continues to sit with the ladies as they speak

She continues to sit with the ladies as they speak. The only other who was as quiet as her was Romaisa who kept looking at her.

She tried to assure Romaisa that everything was ok and she was actually enjoying the dinner. But, maybe, it was something she was doing. Like shaking her legs, and fingers, looking around and over people for threats.

She was paranoid.

After serving with the army for a few months she was paranoid of life even more. She was always scared of the unthinkable. The trauma from a young age was living with her forever. This new trauma from the army had taken the small peace she once had.

She shivers as she looks around to find his eyes narrowing at her. There was a frown on his face (a very bruised face). She ignored his eyes as she pretends to be involved in the woman's talks. But, her mind kept playing some old memories that surface because of the drama from the day. She clenches her hand to surpass the panic building inside her.

Her eyes caught Kabir's who was silently looking at the man who was speaking to him. Her heart clench as she wish she was young again, in his arms where she felt safe. She wished she was young again where she could ask for his comfort even when he would simply hold her and say no words to her.

She had spent a good amount of time panicking and finding comfort in his arms when she was young (a child). Then she realized that he had his family and a little girl who requires his attention. She realized that when she had her first ever panic attack alone in the room while he was with his daughter who was in the hospital due to some issue with her heart.

The day she was alone in the darkness, she started to find her way out of Kabir's life. Slowly and surely she started to put distance between them. Because even if she craved love and affection from him, she didn't deserve it. She didn't deserve to ask or even beg for him. He belonged to someone else and she accepted that pretty quickly.

Maybe it was because the men in her life who were actually supposed to provide for her needs, never did, so she realized that every other man will someday leave her too.

No one stays. No one cares.

It was pretty clear as she grew up and in the place that she grew up in. She clenched her jaw as the ladies went on and on about something.

"Hey". She heard someone nudge her as she looked at Aaira, "Do you want to get some ice cream?"

"Ice cream?" She was confused because her brain was still foggy

"Yes. Come on". Aaira said as she takes her hand dragging her toward the ice cream stand

She looks at the ice cream stand amused because it didn't match the vibe of the event. The event was sophisticated and this stand looks like it was from the street.

"Looks good?" Aaira asked grinning at her and she chuckles

"It looks good". She agreed as she orders vanilla and chocolate while Aaira something fancy