16

T

T

he news that followed the next day  was confusing. All she knows is that she is at house arrest and that her marriage is moved up. The anxiety she felt all day with everyone talking and laughing around her was overwhelming. Worse, she kept thinking she was making a fool of herself by not speaking at all. It was hard for her to speak. Being confined in four walls since she was able to say her first word and never having anyone to speak to had its effects. One which means she wants to say something, then she doesn't, then she regrets being such a coward.

After the ladies decided on their tasks while all she was assigned to was to rest and monitor, they all left. Apparently, his family house had two sides and each was distributed between men and women.

"Hey". She heard someone say as she kept sitting in the dining room and she found Aaira smiling, "It's been forever since we last met".

She awkwardly smiles back, "Yeah".

"None of that". Aaira said causing her to frown, "Smiles or talks because you feel like you should do it. You don't have to do anything you don't want to. I can practically feel your anxiety from here. What can I do to help?"

"You don't think it's stupid? Everyone is being so nice and supportive, not even letting me do a thing and here I am like an idiot". She said sighing wishing she was normal

"Please". Aaira said dramatically falling beside her, "You should've seen how I was back then. Being alone and on my own most of my life, it gets exhausting when they all focus on you".

"Really? But you always look happy".

"That is because of my husband. He knows when my social battery drains and rescues me. Also because it's been almost a year now with everyone and I got used to it". Aaira forwards her hand towards her waiting for her nod as she holds her hand, "That doesn't mean you have to do that. Take your time. When it gets too much, leave. They all understand why. They have been through some things and they understand us".

"They went through trauma? They don't look like it".

Aaira chuckles, "Don't judge a book by it's cover". She sighs, "They have been through some tough times".

"They look... Happy". She hesitated to share her thoughts but the understanding in Aaira's eyes made her add, "People look happy after they suffer through something bad".

"No. People look happy when they allow themselves to heal".

"How?"

"First, threapy. I mean threapy excessively. You need to untie your thoughts and redo them. Then you need to do things to heal yourself. Threapy isn't going fix things for you. You need to allow yourself to do things you never did".

"Like what?"

"For me, it was to love and to be loved. I didn't allow anyone to care for me or more like I never had anyone to care for me. So when my husband tried, I fought it. Then, I let it happen and it has been a blessing".