13

"So what is that you want to start with?"

She blinks for a couple of seconds to make sure she isn't asleep. She was sure she was sleeping just a moment ago before she heard the doorbell ringing. She had seen his face through the door hole and the only reason she opened the door was the cat in his hand which was now snuggling and purring in her arms.

"You are here to build my furniture?"

"I did say I will do it for you".

"I know. That doesn't explain that you would be here on your one day off in weeks this early to work on this".

They had complaints flowing in about a disease that is spreading all over the world. It is contagious and spreads rapidly between people. To some it is life threatening to others it damages some of their essential organs. Though, they haven't seen someone with it yet, they started the prevention already. The hospital is preparing quarantine rooms for people. These are generally wards that are close off to other people. Mostly people look inside a metallic cage and she hates that. She doesn't even want to work in that ward for personal reasons.

She shivers when she thinks about it. It looks scary and terrifying. Even when she has experience of war zones, she will choose panicking over being locked somewhere all alone.

"We know that hospitals will be too busy in the coming days. There is no way we will even be able to come back home. Kabir and others already asked us to pack a large bag with our essentials that means the shit that is coming will not stop".

She frowns, "We will stay inside the hospital?"

"Unfortunately. What do you want to do today?"

She looks at the different packages that hold different furniture for the living room. For now, the living room is without any furniture.

"The table? We can start with small accessories and then start with the couch?"

He nodded, "That one is the table?" He said pointing to the one she labelled 'table', "Is there a guide in it?"

"There should be or we are doomed".

It takes about half an hour for him to start building the big square table. The only thing about this table was the small screws that he had to try on and then remove because they weren't the right ones.

It took him an hour more to assemble the table and place it in the middle of the living room while she dragged the carpet underneath it. She had a vision when she was buying all of these and somehow it all added up.

She worked on decorating the wall with the small decoration she bought over the period of time while he works on the furniture without a single complaint. She offered a cup of coffee and a sandwich which he ate in seconds while she munches on hers for an hour.