18

He had stayed in his room for two long days

He had stayed in his room for two long days. He couldn't move. He couldn't stop the heartbreak either. His tears had dried long back. But the pain he felt was unbearable. His whole body aches. His whole existence aches for her. He needs her as much as he needs his sanity.

In the years after he was rescued, he had never had a moment where he felt helpless. He was always the mature, responsible and confident person. Even as a young boy, he knew exactly what he had to do to stay like a good boy for his parents. He knew exactly what to do to not have a moment in his life where he was that young desperate boy who craved his mother while he was abused.

The wound he had covered for so long was out in the open again. He didn't know what to do anymore. He lost control. He lost himself.

That's what unreasonable hate does. He shouldn't have done anything to her. He shouldn't have avenged her for her father's doing. Least of all, he shouldn't even have started this hate spree.

He heard the door to his room opening and his heart leap out of his chest thinking she might've come back. But, when he sat straight he found his mother's worried eyes.

"Hi mama". He said hoarsely because as much as he tried to be strong he also lost it in front of her mother

His mother took a long stride towards him and wraps her arms around him. She starts to cry which added to his misery. He hates to bother his family. He had done that enough times in his past. Why couldn't he just not hurt them?

"H-He took her away from me, mama" He cried in his mother arms where he found a little comfort over the unbearable pain he is suffering from, "I know I did wrong. I was bad. So bad. I hurt her".

He couldn't even say more. How will he explain what he had done? How will he explain why he had done all that? What was his reasons and what was he trying to achieve?

"Why did she leave? Who took her? Why did you hurt her?" His mother asked as she pulled away, "She looked happy. She looked like a woman in love. What went wrong?"

He was ashamed of himself.

"What do you mean she was in love? She couldn't be in love with me"

"I know how a woman looks when she is in love. Even in a crowd she will always look for you. Even when she was surrounded I could see her restless without you. I knew she was in love whether she knew it or not".

He felt his heart break. Because if she was in love she had to abandon her feelings because of his wrongdoing. She had to leave because he was the right man for her. Because he wasn't enough.

"What did you do?" His mother asked again

"Do you want to know what he did?" He heard his father voice and his tired eyes turned to find his father leaning against the doorway and his face was filled with anger

Anger towards him. As much as he knows and seen in his life his father was a man who will never show emotions. If he was angry or mad he will keep his face blank yet here he was glaring at him.

"This is the result of our son stupidity" His father snapped, "Because he thinks he is someone who holds the power to judge, accuse and hurt people as he wants without consequences".

"I was wrong!" He cried

"Yes. You were. You deserve the consequences of your actions even if you are sorry, Ehan. You didn't wait to think that you are hurting another soul. You didn't wait to think that you have female in your life and imagine for a second if they went through something like that how would you feel? Rage? Anger? That's precisely what Kabir feels right now. He came to meet me to explain that he will no longer be in contact with me or my family since they hurt his daughter. Blood or not, he had protected and cared for that girl. Do you understand what you have done?"

"What is going on?". His mother asked frustrated

"Let him clean himself and I will explain in the meantime what he had done so far". His fathers takes his mother hands as his eyes softened looking at her and he wipes her tears, "No more crying. We will figure something out".

"What do I do?"

His father turns to him, "I am not judging you for what you have done because I did something similar. Get yourself clean and put something in your stomach so we can discuss how are you going to grovel".

After he did what his father asked he went to the living room where he can hear his father consoling his mother. He took a deep breath entering the living room and it was just as he imagined.

His mother was weeping in his father arms and when her eyes turned to him he can feel the anger within them. Both of his parents were amazingly strong and that's is the reason they collide and confined in one another.

"I know I did wrong".

"You do?" His mother snapped, "I cannot believe that you can be such heartless, Ehan. Why would you hurt an innocent soul?"

He doesn't know. He can feel his heart squeezing everytime his brain reminds him of her. It was like someone was constantly playing the same old recorder and causing his entire being to submit and wallow in nothing but pain. There were no words he could use to justify his actions. He was wrong, period.

However, the only reason he went after her was because when he was young he wished for days where he had control over the man who was hurting him. Since he was sure Kabir uncle took care of the man himself, he went after his daughter to gain that sick sense of victory.

Why was he regretting everything now? Why does it feel like his past doesn't matter? Why doesn't it hurt anymore? Why doesn't he crave revenge or control?

It was like his world flipped and switched to completely different dimension. He had somehow found his common ground and a home he want to desperately go back to. A soft and warm paradise that he was craving like drug. He was craving for her. He wanted her, no, he needed her. He wants to fulfill her dreams. He wants her by his side by all means.

Even if it means he had to grovel or fall to his knees for her forgiveness. She was his world and he wasn't going to let her go.

"What do I have to do?" He asked his father because now he will control the outcomes no matter what

She is his wife and he will have her with him. For life.