Her body was aching

Her body was aching.

She didn't just feel a simple ache it felt like she was on fire. She could scream in pain right now as she was gaining consciousness, however, her throat felt sore. It was an impossible task to get her eyes to work properly and to get her ear to work. Because she couldn't even hear a sound.

Her brain didn't allow her to relax even when she tried hard. Because she was taken back to the basement and she can smell that disgusting smell that she rinses every time she is in the shower. That scent was attached to her body even after all these years and she knows that when she opens her eyes today, she will be beaten to death.

Because she wasn't allowed to black out during her punishment and her punishment was for life. She can hear only the sound of her harsh breathing and her beating heart as the panic sets in. She cannot even show those emotions, however, the beeping was unbearable as she felt someone holding onto her hands and pressing on her. The more they hold her down the harder she fights. She knows it was a losing battle. She will never escape this prison. No one will ever care for her enough to take her away.

She blacks out.

Later when she gain consciousness her body was sore now. Maybe she had healed enough to go through another round of beatings. She inhales sharply and frown when the chemicals are all she can smell. That basement can and will never smell like that.

She willed her eyes to open to face whatever she was supposed to face. She didn't expect the pair of eyes gazing at her. She didn't expect the softness to appear in them. She didn't even register it was his eyes for a long time because of the haze in her brain.

"Hi". He whispers as he moves back, "I was just leaning over to see if you will panic again".

His explanation made no sense. What was he talking about and what is going on? Where is she? Why is he here?

There were so many questions and the headache was killing her.

"One at a time". He spoke as if he read her mind, "I know you are confused. But, you need to relax and not think. Let the doctor look at you and I will explain everything, ok?"

She nodded, unsure, because why was he so nice to her? She looks around the VIP room she was in and for sure she can never afford this. Then she looks at herself to find that her hand was wrapped in gauze and it hurts. She felt the burning in her chest and her stomach was acting up.

Her throat wasn't working. She understands that things happened. Just that her mind was blocking whatever trauma she went through. Her body was explaining enough of it. She was a doctor and she knows she looks bad. She knows exactly what trauma and after-trauma bodies look like.

At least she wasn't stuck in the basement. She continues the minutes as the doctor explains that she was in a coma for 3 days and under heavy medication because each time she was conscious she had a severe panic attack that leads to harming herself.