14

"I am sorry I didn't see you there"

"I am sorry I didn't see you there". Steven said startled

His eyes narrowed at him, as he moves closer to his wife, "I asked you a question".

"I wasn't doing anything. It's been an hour since she slept so I was planning to wake her up". Steven lied

He knows he was lying which made the anger rise within him.

"Don't lie to me". He stood in front of his wife, "I know exactly how you were looking at her and I swear if I ever found you near her again, I will rip you apart".

"There is no reason to be violent". Steven laughed, "She is a free woman to do as she wants. We are doctors, we save people not hurt them".

He stepped closer to Steven knowing that this man was digging his grave the more he talks, "Let's get something clear here. This is my hospital and that is my wife. You threaten her comfort or mental health and I will not care that I am a doctor who saves lives. I promise if I found you being inappropriate to her or if she even so much so tells me anything about you that makes her uncomfortable I will make sure you feel worse than what you made her feel, you hear me?"

Steven chooses the wise option to leave. He grunted as the door shuts a little more forcefully and he turns immediately to check if she is awake. He release a breath when he realises that she is still asleep. The sun was shining over her through a small video and she look exceptionally beautiful. He tilts his head trying to understand why he suddenly have these urges inside of him.

He is or was famous for his calm exterior yet when it comes to her all bets are off. He becomes a wild animal in a seconds who can't be caged. He hate losing control, but, how is that he never minds when it comes to her. Losing control over or for her seems to brings a sense of belonging and longing. It's like they are attached by a thin thread that he can't see.

Since he bears the few interactions with his family in events. He had often heard Awais uncle speak about the red strings of faith. He wasn't the one who ever paid attention to the nonsense that comes out of all the men who are deeply in love with their wives. Most of them said a lot of things. Yet, now, most of them makes sense. Like Zafar uncle speaking about jealousy and possessiveness over his wife. It all starts to make sense.

He carries his wife through the hospital to his office room where he has a sofa with massager. He place her on it and starts the massager knowing she will love it. He can see when she relaxes and releases a sigh and somehow her comfort and the fact he was the one to provide her with it brings a sense of satisfaction.

He asked the nurses to brings all the next patients and hand over her urgent patients to him instead of waking her up.

She felt it when she woke up that something was wrong or something was going to be wrong. She woke up in his office which he has access to, only. It has fingerprint option outside of the room and no one is allowed in. He had left her a note saying that he will register his fingerprints when she is awake so she can sleep or rest here. This room is as equipped as the rest room and cafeteria.