One

I slid Sof's cereal in front of her and put my hand on her head gently before turning back to Mia. 

"I'm not changing. It's my day off. I told dad I'm not doing anything today. I've been in the office everyday for almost 2 weeks." Mia rolled her eyes and poured some coffee into my cup before sliding it over. 

"You're so dramatic." I picked the cup up and took a sip. "You know he's going to ask you to come and you'll say yes dad and follow like a puppy."  I slumped down into the chair beside her, huffing as I did which just made her giggle.

"Just one day. That's all I want Mia. You aren't there constantly. I just sit in a back room writing and listening to music for 9 hours. I don't even know why he wants me there." 

"So you can take over after him? I thought he'd made that clear?" I turned and faced her, putting my cup down on the side. 

"I can't even speak up to him Mia. How the fu-" I turned to Sofia then back to Mia quickly. "How the frick am I supposed to be a manager. Never mind a bleeming CEO of a huge company." I sat back and scrunched my face up at her. 

"Are the guys cute this month?" She grabbed my hand, changing the topic again. 

"I mean sure, the 2 that I've met are, full of themselves, selfish, rude. One of them came in wearing a vest a few days ago. I was nearly sick." 

"Muscles?" 

"Mia you're barely legal. Take a step back." I rolled my eyes and she giggled. 

"Barely legal is still legal egg." 

"Oh god don't start this again." 

"EGG." I rolled my eyes and looked back to Sofia. 

"That's not my name Sof." 

"EGG!" I shook my head slowly at her. "More cereal pease?" 

"Say please. With the L." I mimicked how to pronounce the L which she was still rasping. 

"pLease." She really tried with the L and I nodded. She didn't want more cereal, just more milk. Mia stood up and gave her what she was wanting before coming back to me. 

"Where's mum?" 

"Probably with dad." I looked at the time. "He's running late now so they'll be either bickering about something. Or worse." 

"Disgusting." We both scrunched our faces up. "One baby sister is enough thanks."

"Try having 2." I rolled my eyes and Mia threw the empty milk bottle at me. I laughed and picked it up from the floor and threw it back at her. 

"Enough girls. Dad's running late." I turned to see my mother and Mia threw it one last time, earning a harsh look from my mum and a giggle from me at that. 

"Angel let's go." 

"Dad." I sighed and put my head back. "I told you I wasn't going today." 

"Nonsense. Let's go. Hurry." Mia chuckled and I hit her over the head with the bottle as I walked past and handed it to my mother as she rubbed her head. 

I walked into the entry way and crossed my arms at my dad.

"Erica. I don't have time for this. Where is your stuff." 

"Dad." 

"Erica don't play with me. Not today. We've got 2 new musicians coming in and I need you there." I put my head back. 

"Fine. But I'm not changing." He looked me up and down and stared. "I can but that's an extra like 30 minutes." 

"Fine. Guitar, notepads, anything else you need. Now." I grabbed them from the floor, knowing this was going to happen anyway I had it all sorted. "See I knew you wanted to come in." He smiled at me and opened the door for me to walk out. 

"I didn't. I'm being forced against my will. Again. I'm going to call the police." He chuckled and closed the door behind us. 

"Coffee?" He opened the boot and put his bag in as I put mine in too. 

"Always coffee dad." I smiled and walked around, climbing into my side of his car. Pulling my feet up onto the chair and sitting comfortably before pulling my phone out and connecting it to the speakers. 

I was definitely a daddy's girl. Always had been closer to him than my mum. I followed him everywhere as it was, I'd been going to work with him as much as possible since I was little. I'd sit in the corner of his office drawing little pictures or for bigger meetings I'd be put in a room with a few different instruments and one of the office girls would work whilst I played. Every now and then one of them would teach me some bits but I mostly taught myself. Now I play Piano, guitar, bass, violin, drums and I dabble in the clarinet. Still wasn't that interested in it but it was fun for like 5 whole months. 

"What were you working on yesterday?" Dad slid into the car fastening up quickly and taking off before I could say anything. "Margot said you locked yourself in one of the smaller studios." 

"I did." I nodded and moved my hair out of my face. "It's still rough but you want to hear the demo?" 

"Of course sweet." He nodded and I started it playing. 

"Okay, it's still really early stages so don't judge it." I bopped my head along to the instrumental.

"Is this all you've got so far?" 

"I've got some lyrics, only the first verse though." I turned to him slightly. "Kind of Explicit though." He rolled his eyes and laughed. 

"Angel, I'm sure I've heard worse out your mouth and not in a song. Go ahead." I restarted the song and shifted so my back was straight. 

"Been one year since
I cut the ties with your bullshit
So I'm celebrating
Happy anniversary to us
Used to shapeshift
Be the good girl and do what you wanted
But that got boring
So fuck it, I'm having some fun." The music continued playing. 

"I like it." He nodded. "Who's it for?"

"I was thinking Callie? I know it's not like her normal stuff, but she seems to be hitting this kind of darker era right? I thought it would work well as like a stand out." 

"It's potential single worthy Erica. Good job on it." He patted my knee. "Keep it coming. Let me know when it's done." He pulled into the drive through and ordered my normal coffee. 

He slowly pulled around the queue, thanking the waitress as he paid and moving to wait for them to be made. 

"I don't get why you won't put some songs out yourself, You know. I know we talk about this every few months Erica, but I still think you should." 

"Because dad. All it will be is, oh she used her dad's record label as a boost. Plus, I can't sing in front of anyone that's not you. And even then I'm 50/50." He sighed and handed me my coffee. "I would rather take the back seat thanks." 

"You never used to have an issue singing on stage Angel." I looked at him and sighed, sinking into my chair. "No one is going to do what he did." 

"Not risking it dad. And I'm also not having this conversation again. Drop it." He shook his head as he pulled into the carpark. 

"You're not even trying to get someone knew Erica. It's been how many years now? You can't stay home, friendless, husband of wifeless forever." 

"All for you being inclusive and that dad but I'm not friendless. I also am not avoiding dating, I just don't have the time. Maybe if I wasn't being dragged into the office for the 11th day in a row. I haven't seen my friends in months, let alone had the chance to speak to anyone who wasn't working for you, which by the way you've specifically stated is not allowed to happen." 

"I don't mean it like that Erica. If there's someone you get on with who works for us then fine, whatever." 

"Dad." I sighed and opened the car door. "Stop." I climbed out quickly walking around to the boot and pulling my stuff out as he reached me. 

"Erica- we need to talk about this more." 

"Not today we don't." I walked away quickly, pressing the lift button before he could even get to it, stepping in and closing the door, quickly pressing the button and letting it go before he could step in. 

I sighed and put my headphones in. Studio. Again. Away from everyone.