Twenty two

"I didn't even know this place was here." I looked around as he sat down in our seats. Back row, in the middle. It was Wednesday, just after lunchtime. The lady at the till had said they were expecting maybe 2 or 3 more people but that it was pretty much empty this time of week. I was so glad. I really just wanted to sit with him. In the silence without the mayhem that was life outside these doors. 

"I found it like 2 years ago and now it's the only place I come to watch films." I sat down on the sofa. A camel kind of brown with cushions. He'd somehow known to ask for a blanket that they apparently kept in. I hadn't been sure how he knew but now I knew he'd been here before it made sense. His arm lifted up and I smiled, settling under it with my head on his chest as the lights went down and the trailers started. "Did I tell you how cute you look today?"

My eyes moved up to him, tilting my head up as I did. His fingers drew small circles on my skin as the cropped jumper fell a little higher up when laid down. I shook my head and I could just make out the smile on his lips as he brought his head down to me. 

"You look really cute today beautiful. As always." I turned my head back to the screen and felt him chest move in a chuckle as I could feel myself turn bright red. I thanked the lord for the dimly lit room. 

I can't tell you anything that happened over the next 2 and a half hours we were sat in there before the lights came up. 

What I could tell you was that his heartbeat must have turned to a lullaby and I woke up as the movie started drawing to a close. His hand had moved from my bare skin to my hair, gently moving through it and pulling at the knots delicately. Gently untangling each one between his fingers. 

I shifted in my seat as the final scene took place and his hand moved back to my side, squeezing me gently which caused me to look up at him, still in my dreamy confusion. His head came down to the side of my face, nudging me slightly so he could get to my ear. I obliged, tilting my head up. 

"Did you have a good nap?" He lifted his head up to see my reaction and I just grinned, nodding my head. The broad smile on his lips didn't faulter as his looked back at the screen.

The end credits rolled and the lights came back on, forcing me to sit up from his grasp. I finally had the chance to look around the empty room and then straight back at him. 

"No one else came in then?" 

"No it was just us." He looked at the watch on his wrist. "It's only 3pm. What do you want to do now?" He moved the blanket off our legs and moved so he could stand up, grabbing my bag and holding his hand out for me again. 

"I don't care. As long as it's just us, I'm happy doing anything." I stood up and went to take my bag from him but he moved it behind him so I couldn't "You don't have to carry my bag Lee." 

"Yes I do. Come on." He grabbed my hand and tugged just the once, making me move with him. "I can't believe you napped for the whole thing." The laugh in his voice was making my heart flutter. 

"I told you I was exhausted. I'm working myself to death." I sighed as we reached the bottom of the stairs and he stood there. "Me and Brooke are going out on Saturday night though. She's asking Isaac to bring you and Kayden too." 

"Like a night out night out? Clubbing?" 

"Yeah." I nodded as we stood there. 

"What are you wearing?" He smirked and I raised my eyebrows. "In fact never mind, you're hot in anything." I shook my head at him and took a few steps towards the door before he pulled me back, my hand landing on his firm chest. "Stay at mine Saturday night then?" 

"I don't know if I should. What if Isaac or Kayden see me?" 

"Please. I don't intend on us leaving the bedroom." He rested his forehead on mine. "And no not even like that. Not necessarily anyway."  My head flew backwards as a loud laugh came out of my mouth. "I just want to hold you and watch you sleep again. You in less clothes would just be a bonus, but not a need." I looked back at him and scrunched my nose at him. 

"I'll think about it. It depends how the rest of this week and Saturday night goes doesn't it?" 

"Well yeah obviously." He leaned down, putting his lips on mine again, a quick peck this time before pulling off me and putting his head back. "How do you taste so good? You're driving me mad Erica." A short sigh left where I wanted my lips to be and he took a step back. "We really should go because otherwise I'm going to stand here and kiss you all day and I don't think the staff would appreciate it." 

HIs feet moved towards the exit a few steps so our arms were reached out. Neither of us wanting to let go but I was struggling to force myself to move. 

"Erica?" I looked up as he said my name. God it sounded so good on his tongue. I never thought my name could sound so perfect. But coming from his lips it was like a symphony written specifically for me. I didn't want to hear it from anyone else's mouth ever again. Nothing could sound as sweet as much as his did. "Baby, let's go. I want to take you out some more."

Baby.

Holy fuck. 

"Say it again." 

"What?" 

"Call me baby again." He stepped closer, putting his hands on my hips. 

"Why?" 

"Please?" 

"Baby." I laid my head on his chest and groaned ever so slightly. "You like that?" He chuckled. "Good to know. Come on." He stepped back and grabbed my hand. "Or do I need to pick you up?" 

"No." My eyes went wide. "I can walk." I smirked and started walking. "Where are we going?" 

"Wherever you want baby." 

"Oh my god stop."