Fifty

~Brooke's POV~

Fuck sake Levi. Answer. 

Fine. Prick.

Isaac then. I sunk to the floor in the hospital corridor. It was only just turning 6am. I don't know why they'd called me. They said her dad didn't answer and that in her drowsy state where she was in and out of consciousness she just kept saying Brooke and Levi. Surely her mum should have been next on the list.

They'd rushed out with her not long after I got there. I was still trying to get answers. All I knew was her car brakes failed and she'd had to flip the car to stop it moving. God she must have been so scared. They were doing CPR as they rushed her down the corridor. Something about a bleed they needed to stop. That's all I caught out of their mouths as they vanished. 

I was so scared right now. I couldn't loose her. She was my entire life. Everything else was shit except her. Isaac was fine too I guess. Not like her and Levi are. She was safe with him. God why couldn't he have answered her texts. He'd have picked her up. She'd have never gotten in her car. 

When she get's out of this. Not if, when. I was refusing to believe I was loosing her today. It wasn't happening. I'd slap her myself and make sure she didn't. She wasn't. 

She wasn't leaving me alone. No way. Not a chance in hell. I wasn't cancelling our holiday. And I wasn't going without her so she best sort herself out. 

"Brooke, it's like-" 

"Yeah I know. I'm at the hospital."

"What are you okay?" 

"I'm fine, Erica is not. Can you get Levi for me, like now. I tried calling him like 12 times and he's not answering." 

"Um sure what-" 

"Someone, I'm not jumping to conclusions but, maybe an ex of her's, cut her brakes and she got in a really serious car crash."

"Jesus okay hold on." He knocked on the door and I heard Levi groan. 

"Hello?" His voice was calm like her world wasn't falling apart. 

"Do you have a phone? Because I've been calling you for the past 20 minutes to tell you your girlfriend is unconscious in the hospital being put in a fucking coma and you're not answering." 

"Brooke what are you talking about? Ez is at home." 

"No she's not. I'm looking at her phone right now Levi, she text you. She was going to work because she couldn't sleep and her brakes failed." 

"You're not joking?" 

"That my bestfriend is fucking dying? No I'm not. Now get the fuck up. I need to get through to her family." I hung up and tried calling Mia again. I should probably get her dad's number shouldn't I. The only other way I can think to get through to them is to call the office. Those calls are forwarded to Margot on a weekend. If she answered, she'd have his number. 

"Brooke what the fuck Its like 6am on a Sunday." 

"Erica's in Hospital. Get your dad now." 

"Wh-" 

"No time to explain, get your dad now." I heard her door open. 

"DAD." I could hear him in the background. "BROOKE SAYS ERICA'S IN HOSPITAL." 

"Brooke?" 

"Michael." I sobbed at his voice. I'd been holding it together so well. "They tried to call you but you didn't answer." 

"Wha- where are you?" 

"A&E. Her brakes failed on the way to the office. They won't tell me anything because I'm not family but all I know is they rushed her to theater." 

"As in surgery?" 

"I think so. They were doing CPR as they left." 

"Shit. I'm coming Brooke. Have you told-" 

"Levi? Yeah I just got through to him." 

"Okay. I'll be there in 10 minutes. I'll call you when I pull up." He hung up the phone and I just sat there staring at her phone in my hand. 

She could have called me. I'd have answered and I'd have come and gotten her, then she'd be okay. None of this would have happened. 

I'd warned her. I'd told her when she started talking to Jason that he was bad news. She was smitten with him from the first smile. Me however, I could see right through him. I didn't know exactly how bad but I know he was trouble. 

And then the second I first saw bruises on her wrists and she refused to leave him, I didn't speak to her. Not for a little while either. It was 5 months before we spoke again. And even then that's because I saw a bruises she was covering. I could see right through it. I'd pulled her into an empty classroom then and we'd shouted at each other for about an hour. 

She stormed out, leaving me worried for her. So I had to bite it back. I followed her and apologised. I couldn't make sure she was safe if I wasn't with her. I bit my tongue for the rest of their relationship. Didn't mention a single new bruise or even point it out when she told me something he had said that was definitely abusive. 

"He thinks I'm stupid. He said something earlier and laughed, saying I wouldn't understand." 
"He's just worried I'm putting weight on. He wants me to be healthy."

No Erica. I should have told her dad. I should have made him stop it there and then. I'd have lost her but it would be worth it. She'd be okay. 

Was this all my fault? 

If I'd have said something sooner would this have happened? 

I should have stopped her. 

I should have made sure they never happened. I'd had a chance with him before her. That's how he knew about her. He'd spoken down to me once and I kicked him to the curb before he could even finish the sentence. That's when he went for her. 

If I'd have kept him, she'd never have met him. She wouldn't have fallen for his coy smile and she wouldn't be laid in surgery right now.