Sixteen

"Sof slow down babe, I'm- " She body slammed into mine, making me take a few steps back. Levi's hand placed itself on the middle of my back, stopping me from toppling over. "Soaked." I sighed and looked down at her big blue eyes staring up at me.

"Did you get me a muffin Egg?" 

"Of course. Do you want it now?" She nodded excitedly, grabbing my hand and pulling me back to dad's office. The door was propped open with a door stop. I had to squeeze through to get in without knocking it. 

"Sof. Can you stop with the in and out ple- Oh my god what happened to you?" 

"I went out for coffee and got caught in the rainstorm." 

"You look exhausted Angel." 

"Didn't sleep." 

"Erica." Dad sighed and stood up. "You should go home." 

"She can't drive herself. She just stood in the rain in a complete haze." Levi stood in the doorway.  I didn't even know he'd followed me down. 

"Oh. Hi Levi." My dad took a step back and looked at me. 

"It's fine. I told him. He's not telling anyone else though." His eyes lit up but narrowed down on me too. He knew that I didn't take telling someone lightly. "It was an accident. I'm so freaking tired." I stuck my bottom lip out slightly and my dad chuckled, pulling me into a warming hug. 

"You're soaked Angel." I kept my arms around his waist so he didn't let go. "I guess I am now too huh?" I nodded into him and he put his hand on my head. "Good job I keep a spare shirt in my cupboard." I let go and stared at him before crossing my arms. "What are you doing today?" 

"I don't know. I was supposed to be working on what I was yesterday. That song I told you about. I nearly had it. I was so close. And then someone, I won't name any names, dragged me out for a coffee with his band mates and I can't get it back." 

"Want me to look at it?" 

"No. I'll be okay. I think I just need to sit on it a little more. I'll get it eventually." I sighed. I should go because if I don't have music breaking my ear drums I'm going to fall asleep." 

"Okay but you're not driving home. I'm leaving at about 5 with Sof so hang around until then or get you mum to pick you up. If you get all cocky and try to get yourself home I'll sack you." I smiled as I turned and started walking back to Levi. 

"You wouldn't do that. I'm the best you've got and you know it." 

"Best pain in the butt, yeah. Writer? I think I could find better." I turned to face him, my mouth low. I laughed loudly when Sofia hit his leg. 

"Don't be mean to Egg daddy." She looked at me. "Love you. Ignore daddy, he's stupid head." I winked at her and then looked back at dad. 

"The princess has spoken." I bent down. "Okay Sof. I'm going to do some work. Kisses?" She ran over and wrapped her arm around my neck, leaving a wet sticky kiss on my cheek. She stepped back but stayed looking at me. "What?" 

"Muffin." She smiled sweetly, rocking back and forth on her feet. "Pleaseeeee?" 

"Oh yeah." I rummaged around in my bag and threw it at my dad. "For her not you. Go get your own. She'll tell me if you eat it and I'll tell mum." He rolled his eyes as I turned around and left, closing the door behind me. 

"You guys are all so cute." 

"Oh we're not. Dad's just feeling sorry for me after last night and Sof is cute with everyone. I mean especially me, but she's just a cutie." I stopped, noticing the clock on the wall. "Have we really been gone nearly 3 hours? Aren't you supposed to be working? Where are the boys?" 

Levi smiled and shrugged.

"Probably at home. They didn't come in today." 

"Then why did you?" 

"Because I wanted to write in peace and I can't do that at home without them walking in." He looked at Margot and smiled as I turned to face her. 

"Where's free Marg?" 

"B if you guys want it but that's it. You'll have to share." I turned to him and shrugged. 

"It's not like I have anything else to hide from you." The glimmer in his eyes almost looked like the stars and I had to shake my head free from getting lost in them. At least I could blame it on me being exhausted. 

"Okay. Sharing it is." I turned back to Marg and nodded. She gave me a smile but I could tell by the look in her eye she wasn't sure about it. 

"Okay. You're good. Have fun. Give me a shout if you need anything Erica." I nodded and we started walking. 

"Oh hold on I need my guitar." I turned, walking towards my office. 

"Hey hold on." Levi caught up, walking beside me. "We don't have to work together if you don't want to. I can stay up here." 

"No it's fine." I pulled the guitar up, holding it in my hand as I turned to see him. "I mean you know about my dad and Jace. I don't really have anymore secrets. Besides I know you're not going to steal my songs because what are you going to do? Try sneak them on the album I'm putting together for you?" He smiled at me and tilted his head. 

"You know, for someone who's had no sleep in what like 29 hours you're strangely wide awake." 

"The coffee is kicking in. Ooo. Coffee. I need more coffee." 

"Do you want to order some in?" 

"I mean there's a machine in that studio anyway." I nodded towards the door. "You ready to go?"  He nodded like he was excited and I started out first. He stayed close as I pressed  the button on the lift. We were only going down 2 floors but I could not be arsed with stairs. Not today. I was going to pass out as it was.