Thirty four

"What you doing Egg?" I lifted my head up and smiled at Sof as she came out onto the patio, ice pop in hand. 

"Writing baby." I sat back in the chair so my back was against the sofa.

I'd gotten home at 11pm again but having not set an alarm and being so exhausted, I'd only woken up at 11am. I'd slept for 10 hours and now I felt fresh as a daisy. Maybe it was finally finishing those 2 songs with Levi. His brain and mine together were unstoppable. We'd created things I'd never even thought about. Or maybe it was the thought of going out tonight. 

"What you writing?" 

"A song." 

"What song?" 

"For me to sing." I took my pen off the paper and looked at her. "What can I help you with Sof, these are a lot of questions for someone who should be eating her ice pop." 

"I've missed you." She sat on the sofa beside me and tried to kiss me but I moved back. Sticky baby. 

"You're sticky Sof." I smiled. "I've missed you too baby. I'm just really busy. Next Friday is girls night though. Me, you, Brooke and Mia. Are you excited?" 

"YES."

"Okay good. I think I can hear Brooke with mum. Can you go bring her out here. Tell her coffee." Sof smiled brightly before dropping her ice pop on the floor and running to get Brooke. Sometimes I was sure she loved Brooke more than she loved me. If Brooke was hear I would not get a look in from Sofia. She was all for Brooke.  

I took the chance to go back to writing the song, sitting in the silence a little longer. I loved sitting out here in summer. The sun was so nice on my skin. If I could I'd love to go on holiday this year. Somewhere hot. Without the rain. Paradise even. 

The floorboards creaked and I knew Brooke was here. 

"Ice pop on the floor watch your step." I spoke without even looking up. 

"How did-" 

"Floorboard. Come on you know better than to try creep up on me." I lifted my head as she sat down. "Where's Sof?" 

"Your mum took her to get unstickified, changed and they're all going out for lunch." I nodded and looked back at my book, handing it to her before standing up. 

"I need you to listen to this and tell me your thoughts." I pulled my shorts a little so they were visible under my shirt. "I don't want to bother Levi again with another song."

"What do you mean bother Levi with another song?" I pulled the fridge open and grabbed 2 water bottles, handing one to her as it closed. "As in you have been writing with him?" 

"Well yeah. There's been a few times when I've had like 98% of a song and I couldn't work out the rest. Like last night, we just sat and finished 2 songs. The music wasn't clicking so we ended up bringing it back to the bones and rebuilding them both and now they're done and on the album." She raised an eyebrow and I turned my back, heading towards the music room at the back of the bottom floor. "Don't look at me like that. It's still my work." 

"Girls." We stopped in the hallway and smiled at my dad, Mia and Ugh. Bradley. Wonderful time to see him again. 

"Hi." I smiled and Brooke chuckled. "Brooke, just go wait down there." I rolled my eyes. 

"I've got a date for you." My dad spoke quickly. "June 27th." 

"So like 16 days?" I turned to Brooke who was stood just down the hall. "That's not a lot of time Ez. Are you sure you can do it all." 

"A breeze." I smiled. "I should go though I've still got 2 to record for it. Have a nice family meal."

"Are you sure you don't want to come Ez?" I looked at Mia and tilted my head. 

"No I've got to get ready. I've got plans with Levi and everyone." 

"Who's Levi?" I looked at Bradley as he opened his mouth for the first time. God he even sounds like his brother. Vom. 

"Her-" She faked a cough "-friend." Brooke grabbed my hand and pulled. "Come on we don't have long before we need to get ready." 

"Okay- Ow- Brooke." I laughed as her grip tightened on my wrist. "BYE." she pulled me quickly into the room, closing the door behind me. 

She dropped me and we both cracked up, our laughter breaking through the room. 

"Did you see his face when I said friend so awkwardly." She was gripping the wall to hold herself up. "That is definitely going back to Jason. God, I wish I could see his face when he hears." 

"Oh my god. That would be a picture I get blown up and put on the wall of my new office. I'd stare at it daily stood like superwoman." I stood with my fists on my hips and legs apart. "I can feel the power coursing through my veins." 

"OH MY GOD STOP YOU'RE GONNA MAKE ME PEE." Brooke was practically on the floor crying with laughter now. I giggled at her, not laughing as hard as she was. I set up the room like I had done more as a kid than I do now. 

"Okay, I really need to focus." She took a deep breathe calming herself. "So who's this for?" 

"Me. The album." I grabbed the guitar and hooked it up to the amp "You need to imagine it with like slow pop vibes." 

"Who's this about?" I shrugged at her as she read the lyrics, the smile on my face told me she knew. "OH." She carried reading and laughed again. "JESUS."

"I'm still working on the closing verse mind so I'll record this on my phone and we can use it if we need to." She nodded and I started the recording, playing it out on guitar before starting with the lyrics.

"Think I only want one number in my phone
I might change your contact to "don't leave me alone"
You said you like my eyes and you like to make 'em roll
Treat me like a queen, now you got me feelin' thrown, oh

But I can't help myself
When you get close to me
Baby, my tongue goes numb
Sounds like bleh, blah, blee
I don't want no one else 
Baby, I'm in too deep
Here's a lil' song I wrote 
It's about you and me 

I'll be honest
Lookin' at you got me thinkin' nonsense
Cartwheels in my stomach when you walk in
And when you got your arms around me
Ooh, it feels so good I had to jump the octave
I think I got an ex but I forgot him
And I can't find my chill, I must have lost it
I don't even know I'm talkin' nonsense
I'm talkin', I'm talkin' 

I'm talkin' all around clock
I'm talkin' hope nobody knocks
I'm talkin' opposite of soft." Brooke giggled and I had to contain myself at her. Focus, don't drop it keep going.

"I'm talkin' wild, wild thoughts

You gotta keep up with me
I got some young energy
I caught the L-O-V-E
How do you do this to me?

But I can't help myself
When you get close to me
Baby, my tongue goes numb
Sounds like blah, blah, bleh, blee
I don't want no one else 
Baby, I'm in too deep
Here's a lil' song I wrote 
It's about you and me

I'll be honest 
Lookin' at you got me thinkin' nonsense
Cartwheels in my stomach when you walk in
When you got your arms around me
Ooh, it feels so good I had to hit the octave
I think I got an ex but I forgot him
And I can't find my chill, I must have lost it
I don't even know I'm talkin' nonsense (oh)

I'm talkin', I'm talkin', I'm talkin'I'm talkin', I'm talkin'
Blah, blah, blah, blah, uh-uh-uh-uh
Ah" Now I was just spit balling trying to find a way to end it. I looked at Brooke and furrowed my brows.
"I don't even know anymore" She rolled her hands pushing me to work it out myself.

"This song catchier than chickenpox is
I bet your house is where my other sock is
Woke up this morning, thought I'd write a pop hit
How quickly can you take your clothes off pop quiz?" She burst into a really dirty laugh and I giggled at her. She encouraged it! It just rolled off my tongue

"That one's not gonna make it
Most of these aren't gonna make"