Fifty one

~Brooke's POV~

I squeezed Mia's hand tightly as her dad brought us into the room after the doctors had left.  I stared at her body hooked up with wires and tubes coming out of everywhere. I was terrified. This was terrifying. She wasn't even breathing alone.  What the fuck had he done to my Erica. I'd kill him myself.

"Okay." I looked up at Michael who puffed out some air. "She's stable but she's going to be staying under for a few days." My grip on Mia's hand wasn't faltering as the door opened. I turned and Levi stepped in. 

"Sorry, I um-" 

"It's fine Levi." Michael spoke, welcoming him in. "We were just talking about what the doctors said. "So she's stable, they're keeping her under for a few days, because she has a bleed on her brain. They're not too concerned right now but keeping her under means they can track it and make sure it isn't growing and that it's healing. Once they're happy with that they will bring her around slowly." He looked down at her, moving some hair off her face. "As for all the other injuries, She has a fracture in 2 of her back bones, they can't tell the damage though until she's awake, she had some internal bleeding in her stomach, they've stopped that she's going to have a few scars on either side of her rib cage from where they went in to stop it. Broken arm and leg too. A few broken ribs from the CPR, she wasn't out for long so they don't think there will be any long lasting damage, but they can't guarantee until she's awake." He sighed and looked at us all. 

We were all shell shocked. 

Damaged spine. Does that mean she could be paralyzed? She'd hate that

"There's one more thing." I looked up at him from the floor and his eyes were specifically on mine. "They found on her records whilst she was in surgery that she still has the DNR." 

"What?" My voice came out feeble. She promised me she got that removed. She swore it to me. 

"What do you mean she has a DNR? What's a DNR?" Mia was looking between each of us individually. None of us wanted to tell her. Her parents couldn't. Levi didn't know. He looked as confused as everyone else. 

"Do you remember like 6 months ago? When she said she tripped and fell in the bathroom and we were in A&E?" Mia nodded and I moved her, sitting her down before moving to her mother and doing the same with her. We didn't need anymore accidents right now. "She didn't trip and fall she took an overdose and tried to kill herself." Levi's head shot up. I don't think I'd ever told him how recent all of this was "I found out then that she had a DNR, which means-" 

"Do not resuscitate." Levi's words were void of emotion. "It's a legal thing, they very rarely give them out, except for serious circumstances." 

"Well she found a way around it. None of us know how and she never told anyone but she did. We reckon she lied to a few doctors and convinced them to agree to it. With the knowledge that with that she'd get her wish." 

"Does she still want to-" I looked at Levi and shook my head. 

"I don't think so." 

"What do you mean don't think so Brooke?" I turned to her dad. "Why isn't it a no." 

"Um-" Do I say anything?

"Brooke-" Levi moved and stood beside her dad. Jesus. I could handle them one by one, not together. 

"I don't think-"  I took a step back. I'm so glad she was okay but I'm going to kill her when she wakes up. Beat her with that fucking DNR. I'll print it out and roll it up myself. 

"Brooke." I looked between them and shook my head. I couldn't tell them. She'd kill me. After I kill her. It'll be a full blown Romeo and Juliette situation. I turned around crossing my arms facing the door. 

"BROOKLYN." 

"No." I shook my head again. "She can tell you herself I refuse to do it." I quickly wiped a tear and left the room. I was pissed at her for putting me in this situation. 

What a fucking wreck today had been. It was already 5pm and I was exhausted.  Isaac and Kayden stood in the hallway looking me up and down. 

"I'm going home." I walked to the exit and Isaac followed me. 

"How is she?" 

"Okay. She's going to have a long recovery time. They're keeping her in a coma for a few days and she could have some serious damage but we won't know until she's awake." 

"She's not awake?" 

"No." 

"Then why are you going home?" We were stood in the empty carpark where he'd moved my car to after he'd gotten here so I was able to stay without getting a ticket. 

"Because I can't fucking believe her. I'm so mad at her. And I shouldn't be. She's fighting for her life. She must have been terrified in that car. But she's put me in such an awkward position now where people are asking me questions I know the answer to but I refuse to give the answers because when she wakes up and finds out I told she will be furious. And its not my place to say." 

"What's not your place to say?" Isaac stopped my pacing, putting both hands on my arms to keep me still. 

"It's not my place." I shook my head as I started crying and he pulled me in, hugging me tight. The strength in his arms was a lot more than it looked. I forgot that. 

"Brooke. It's okay. I'm right here. Let it out beautiful." We slowly fell to the floor where he continued to let me cry on him. The cries quickly turned to full on sobbing.

"She's not better Isaac." I slowly sat up and he wiped my tear from my cheeks. 

"Better from what?" 

"From him. From what he put her through." I looked into his eyes. I couldn't keep it quiet anymore. "That's why she didn't get rid of the DNR. She still wants to die. She doesn't want to deal with him anymore." 

"Wha-" His brow furrowed. "I'm confused." 

"I think, when Levi and her were arguing after the club. Something was off with her. I knew she wasn't coming to mine every time she should have and I knew she wasn't going to the office. I sat in her place for a few nights and one day she did turn up. She looked over the edge of the cliff. She was going to jump. She thought about it. I could see it going through her brain. I knew she wasn't okay and I just fucking sat there. I didn't say anything. I thought she was just having a rough few weeks. But if she never took off the DNR-" 

"Then she never stopped."