Ten

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YOUR SLEEPING WITH JASON'S BROTHER. ARE FUCKING SHITTING ME RIGHT NOW?" I was raging. 

In fact raging doesn't even cover it. I was entering into a god damn hysteria as the words continued to leave her mouth. 

"I know. I just. We got on so well even before you and Jace split." I pulled my hoodie on quickly. 

"You're a fucking joke Mia. Of all the people you could be with. The only people we agreed you wouldn't have a thing for was anyone close to him. His friends his family. And you go for HIS FUCKING BROTHER." I grabbed my headphones and phone from the side. "I can't even fucking look at you right now. Move." I pushed her out of the way aggressively, storming out of the room with the movie still playing. 

Of all the people I expected to stab me in the back in regards to Jace, it was never ever supposed to be Mia. Not when her and Brooke had held me for fucking months whilst I sobbed and tried to rebuild everything he fucked up. 

I'd managed it but I was a completely different person now. I'd never be the same confident IT girl I was before him. Not after that. 

"Ez, wait." She followed me and I stopped in the middle of the hall, turning to her. Sofia was in bed. She knew I couldn't swear or shout out here. 

"Go to hell Amelia." I whispered before turning again and marching down the stairs. 

"What are you two screaming about, you're going to wake Sof up." Mum was half way up the stairs but I pushed past her. 

"Your middle daughter is sleeping with Bradley." 

"Jason's Bradley?" 

"Yes mum. Jason's Bradley. The exact one." I pulled the door open, slamming it loudly behind me. 

I stared at my car in the drive, then the gate. Not knowing what to do but I couldn't be here and it was too late to call anyone. Looks like I was completely alone on this one. Fucking brilliant. 

I put the headphones on and started the music before letting my feet hit the road and taking off running. 

I had zero knowledge of where I was going, not down these dark country roads. But I was going somewhere. I wasn't sitting here where Amelia would follow me around and keep trying to persuade me it wasn't as big of a deal as I was making it out to be. 

This wasn't nothing. This was fucking major. If Mia was telling me and she was this nervous about it then it had been going on for a while and she thought it was turning into something serious. 

How long had she been doing this behind my back? Had she been seeing Jason too? What had they spoken about? Did he know about it and if so how did he react? Did his smug little fuckface grin take over his face at the thought of me having to see him again eventually? 

I stopped at the side of the road when I couldn't breathe anymore. I'd been running for like 30 minutes already and I was still infuriated at her for putting me in this situation. That family was fucked in the head, all of them. She'd said that herself. God she was being such a bitch.

So Mia is sleeping with Bradley.

I text Brooke and watched as the bubble appeared in her chat. I slowly moved back, sitting on a wall leading to a field. 

You're joking
Tell me you're joking. 

I fucking wish I was. 

I've had to come out a run, I was about to wring her neck like a fucking towel.

Want me to come pick you up?

No I'm good. I'm gonna stay out a bit. I can't go back there just yet. Pretty sure I woke Sof up shouting so my parents will probably kill me before I can kill Mia.

Of all the people. Like I could get it if it was like Bradley's friend right? Kind of pulled back from it all. But him? 

Literally his brother who is like his little double.

I'm so angry Brooke. I'm literally shaking. 

Okay, I'm coming to get you. Where are you? 

Fuck knows. 

Down one of the roads from the house. 

Send me your location and don't move. I'll be there in ten.   

I did as I was told. Staring at the ground and getting lost in my head whilst I waited. 

I hadn't even been this angry at any point with Jason. Not when he humiliated me, not when I was recovering it. Never. I didn't really get angry. I got upset, I'd get frustrated with myself for putting myself in a situation that whatever happened could have even happened. 

And my sister. He knew who she was. Bradley knows who she is. They both know what happened between me and Jason and they're still going at each other. Disgusting. There was points before the breakup where they would have been brother and sister in law. I gagged at the thought. Not only of the 2 of them, but being married to Jason. Gross. 

My phone buzzed in my pocket so I pulled it out and answered. 

"Hello?" 

"Angel where are you?" 

"Waiting for Brooke to pick me up." I answered flatly. I really didn't want to talk to anyone right now. 

"That's not what I asked." I could hear the sternness in his voice. "Where are you?" 

"Just down one of the country roads." He sighed. "I'm not coming back tonight. I can't be around her right now. I'll throttle her stupid little face." 

"Don't talk about your sister like that." My mother's voice rang out and I scrunched my face up. 

"She was expecting it. And that's light compared to what's going through my head right now." My phone buzzed again so I pulled it away to see Brooke trying to call. "I'll be at Brooke's." 

"Are you coming into the office tomorrow Erica?" 

"Dunno. Depends if I've committed murder by then or not." I hung up the phone and answered Brooke. "Brooke." 

"Hold your phone out, I'm nearly at the location." I put her on loud speaker and did as I was told, putting my phone brightness on full so she could see it. "Who were you on the phone to?" 

"My parents. I hung up on them." 

"Oooft." I could tell Brooke was grimacing. They hated me hanging up on them abruptly but I felt it was needed right now. None of them were getting away with acting like this wasn't the fucking end of the world to me.