Twenty four

I stopped In the hallway as I saw the recording studio door open, Lee's head poke out slightly and then it close. 

I'd been ignoring his texts and calls today after his little cock up last night. I'd warned him and I wasn't messing about with it. I set a boundary and he crossed it. Simple as that. The thought of him working out I hadn't had sex in 4 years was embarrassing enough. I didn't need him pointing it out or me admitting it. 

Because me admitting it would end in me needing it. God did I want it. From Levi? More than I needed his lips on mine. I took a deep breathe as I carried on walking down the corridor like I hadn't seen him. 

I got to the door, carrying on in my direction until his strong rough hands grabbed me and pulled me in, closing and locking the door before pressing me against it in one movement. 

I wasn't expecting that. 

"You can't ignore me now." 

"I'm not ignoring you. I'm working." 

"My 10 unanswered texts and all the calls last night say different." I shrugged. "I'm sorry. You told me not to ask last night and I still did." I pressed my lips together and crossed my arms. 

"It's not the first time you've taken something too far Levi." 

"I know." His hand sat gently on my hip. "I really, really regret it Ez. I swear to you. I'm sorry I pushed too far. It was bang out of order and I need to learn to listen when you give me a threat like that. I promise I am." I raised an eyebrow. I'd forgiven him. It wasn't even that deep but having him beg for my forgiveness was kind of hot. 

"Hm." I groaned unapprovingly. 

"How do I show you how sorry I am?" He wrapped his hand around mine, pushing his fingers in the spaces between my own. "I really am sorry." 

"I don't think you can." I shrugged, trying to hide the smirk on my face as I watched him grow a frown at my words. He looked at me and smirked back, causing us both to giggle.

"You little shit. You really had me going there." He kissed me, hard. Dropping my hand and putting it on my hip, pushing me harder into the door. His kisses moved from my lips and along my cheek up to my ear. "You look so fucking good in black." His hoarse whisper could take me under itself. But his hot breathe against his wet kisses just between my earlobe, jawline and neck would be the death of me. I laid my head back against the door as he did it again. 

"You like it when I kiss you like this baby?" oh my god. 

I put my quaking hands on his chest. I could feel his heart pounding inside it, beneath the layer of tight muscle I knew was covering his body. In a black V-neck like this, he could do whatever he liked. I'd let him. No questions asked. 

His kisses continued down my neck until they reached the collar of my shirt. 

Is it warm in here? I felt like I was melting. Fuck. 

"Erica?" 

"Hm?" 

"Were you going somewhere before I pulled you in here?" 

"Um." I lifted my head slightly. I couldn't think straight. Okay think Ez. What were you doing? You came down here and you were going past this studio too.... 

The office. 

Meeting. 

"I have a meeting with Oscar." I put some pressure behind my hands and looked at the clock. "I needed to get set up down there first." He took a step back and crossed his arms as I stood there flustered. He chuckled and my eyes went wide. 

"You definitely need a few minutes before you go down there."

"Turn around." I snapped. 

"What?" 

"You heard. Face the other way." 

"Why?" 

"Because if I look at you any longer I'm going to end up fucking this meeting off. I can't deal with you anymore right now." I bit my lip hard as he turned around. "Nope didn't help." I unlocked the door behind me and pulled my bag back onto my shoulder. "Bye." I bolted out the door and walked away quickly. 

I walked in the wrong direction, heading to the bathroom. He was right. I needed a few minutes. 

Jesus Christ. 

I pushed the door open and locked the door behind me, putting both hands on the unit as I looked at my bright red face in the mirror. My lipstick anywhere but my lips where it was supposed to be. 

I dumped my bag on the side, turning and grabbing some tissues to fix my face. I could not be seen like this. No chance. It would get back to my dad within a matter of minutes and I'd be in his office within the next 10 minutes. He'd get the information out of me right now. My brain was officially fucked. 

A loopy teenager in love. That's how I felt. That first love feeling where you're tingling all over. 

The feeling they talk about in movies or books or in songs, when the jock kisses the girl. When her leg 'pops' and her whole world is turned rose-tinted. 

I looked back in the mirror and sighed. My smile was long gone. I looked exhausted. I'd barely slept last night as his name kept flashing up. My damn pride keeping me from answering no matter how much I wanted to. 

I don't understand why I was battling myself so hard on this. Like I was holding back for something. I didn't want to but there was something in me telling me I had to. 

I looked in the mirror again, nodding that I finally looked normal as I unlocked and opened the door, walking quickly to the meeting I was now late for. 

I pushed the door open and Oscar crossed his arms. 

"I know. Sorry. I'm late. I was in the bathroom." James looked me up and down like a piece of meat. The same way he always did. I'd had it. I was done pretending I was someone I wasn't "Okay. For a start off. Stop looking at me like that. Do you even know who I am?" 

"The song writer. I'm not that dumb. I can still see you in that little black dress from last month though." He raised his eyebrows and I smirked. 

"Oh I'd love to see you tell my dad that." Oscar looked at me. 

"Erica-" 

"No it's fine. I'm done hiding it with pricks like him. You know my dad is Mr. Clifford? Maybe we should talk about your career here with us James, because your attitude isn't where I want this business going. Not my family business. Not MY  business." 

Oh dad is DEFINITLEY going to call me into his office after this.