Forty seven

"You got blood on your hands
How do you plead?
Boy, it's like treason, how you treated me
It's eight Mondays in a row, nine days of the week
These tantrums been old
All bitter, no sweet
You're killing my vibe
In ways words cannot describe
But I'll try, I'll try"  I was flying through these now. The nervousness I'd had stood there before the lights came on were well gone. How had I waited 4 years to do this?

"You put the "over" in lover, put the "ex" in next
Ain't no "I" in trouble, just the "U" since we met
'Cause you're toxic, boy
I ain't even gotta try to find the
G-O-O-D in goodbye
You put the "over" in lover, put the "ex" in next
Ain't no "I" in trouble, just the "U" since we met
'Cause you're toxic, boy
I ain't even gotta try to find the
G-O-O-D in goodbye." I couldn't explain how good it felt shaking my hips to this knowing Levi was watching, knowing he was taking me home and Jason was watching wishing he could. Talk about a power move. 

"I would take a bullet for you just to prove my love
Only to find out you are the one holding the gun
I'm just tryna get focus
Take some time for me
People started to notice all the shit you couldn't see
You put the "over" in lover, put the "ex" in next
Ain't no "I" in trouble, just the "U" since we met
'Cause you're toxic, boy
I ain't even gotta try to find the
G-O-O-D in goodbye
You put the "over" in lover, put the "ex" in next
Ain't no "I" in trouble, just the "U" since we met
'Cause you're toxic, boy
I ain't even gotta try to find the
G-O-O-D in goodbye." I slowly walked over to him, bending my knees so I was closer to Jason's height, staring deep into his dark eyes. I was probably playing with the devil right now but fuck it. 

"You're killing my vibe
In ways words cannot describe
But I'll try, I'll try.

You put the "over" in lover, put the "ex" in next. "I stood up as the music hit back in, walking back to center stage, and sliding my mic into the stand.
"Ain't no "I" in trouble, just the "U" since we met.
'Cause you're toxic, boy
I ain't even gotta try to find the
G-O-O-D in goodbye." 

The music finished, but the guitar continued, working to change the tempo slowly so it wasn't as hard of a hit. I looked back at the backstage area and noticed Levi had disappeared during the last 3 minutes where the hell was he. He needed to be here. I glared at Brooke who shrugged. But I saw that little smirk on her face. They were planning something. Little shits. 

"So this next song is a little different." I looked down at dad who was happier than I'd seen him in a long time, overflowing with pride. "I don't think you've heard this one dad. So use this as another surprise. I don't think you've had enough tonight." 

I heard the familiar chords, though, they sounded a little different. I turned and stopped as I saw Levi with the guitar over his head instead of the other guy. He was going to play our song for me. I smiled, quickly turning my attention back to the audience. I was not looking at my dad, not with these lyrics.

"Think I only want one number in my phone
I might change your contact to "Don't leave me alone"
You said you like my eyes and you like to make 'em roll
Treat me like a queen, now you got me feelin' thrown, oh

But I can't help myself when you get close to me
Baby, my tongue goes numb, sounds like "bleh-blah-bleh"
I don't want no one else, baby, I'm in too deep
Here's a lil' song I wrote 
It's about you and me." I pulled the mic back out of the stand and slowly walked over to Levi. It wasn't a fast song, he was barely necessary but having him here meant more than anything.

"I'll be honest
Lookin' at you got me thinkin' nonsense
Cartwheels in my stomach when you walk in
When you got your arms around me, ooh, it feels so good
I had to jump the octave
I think I got an ex, but I forgot him
And I can't find my chill, I must have lost it
I don't even know, I'm talking nonsense."  I gently put my hand on his shoulder so he knew I was happy he was here, before turning and taking a few steps away so he could watch me again. Especially for the chorus. I was swaying to the beat and I knew without looking at him he was enjoying it. I could feel the pressure between us getting darker. 

"I'm talkin', I'm talkin', I'm talkin' all around the clock
I'm talkin' hope nobody knocks
I'm talkin' opposite of soft
I'm talkin' wild, wild thoughts." I rolled my eyes and put my hands in my hair dramatizing the lyrics as much as possible. 

"You gotta keep up with me
I got some young energy
I caught the L-O-V-E
How do you do this to me?" I moved so I was facing Levi slightly. Fuck it. I wanted to sing this to him. Jason had had my attention and songs all night. This was his. I kept our eye contact, making sure the audience were captivated by our spark as much as I was. 

"But I can't help myself when you get close to me
Baby, my tongue goes numb, sounds like "bleh-blah-bleh-bleh"
And I don't want no one else, baby, I'm in too deep
Here's a lil' song I wrote 
It's about you and me." My fingers moved between us both and I took another step towards him. 

"I'll be honest
Lookin' at you got me thinkin' nonsense
Cartwheels in my stomach when you walk in
When you got your arms around me, ooh, it feels so good
I had to hit the octave
I think I got an ex, but I forgot him. " I subconsciously pointed in the direction of Jason which resulted in Levi's head throwing backwards with a laugh I couldn't hear. 
And I can't find my chill, I must have lost it
I don't even know, I'm talking nonsense
I'm talkin', I'm talkin', I'm talkin'
I'm talkin', I'm talkin', I'm talkin' (blah-blah-blah-blah-blah)
Ah-ah

I don't even know anymore
This song catchier than chicken pox is
I bet your house is where my other sock is
Woke up this morning thought I'd write a pop hit
How quickly can you take your clothes off? Pop quiz." The lights dropped off and The recording of Brooke laughing from our recording session at home played over the speaker. Levi pulled me closer, keeping the guitar between us. His face by my ear again. 

"Do you remember Sticks and Stones?" I looked up at him, barely able to make his face out. 

"I think so." I saw him nod and let me go, I took a few steps back. He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the front of the stage where I was handed a guitar and there was two mics set up. I looked at him. My eyes had adjusted now and I could see him a lot clearer. He nodded, reassuring me it was fine. 

He started and the lights came on, I turned back seeing Kayden and Isaac on the stage behind us, Kayden on drums, Isaac with another guitar? I didn't know he played.  What the fuck was happening right now. 

I turned back to Levi who now had a pick between his fingers and was holding it out for me to take. I looked at it then back at him, a smile spreading over my cheeks, taking it from him and starting us all off.