CHAPTER 12: RYAN

To anyone, whoever thought Rose wouldn’t be cold: deny something she wants and you’ll see how cold she can get.

She has been giving me a cold shoulder for a fucking week. Mostly, I wouldn’t have mind because this way, we don’t have to talk much but the house has a disturbing presence now that she has started being cold. She doesn’t even make eye contact with me. She leaves the dinner table as soon as she’s finished (she used to wait till I was finished), she doesn’t say “good morning” or “good night”. I’m starting to realize that I miss the attention Rose used to give me. I hate that.

“you did something,” Finn said, tilting his head.

Finn and Bree invited us over to have dinner. Of course they don’t yet know that Rose is upset with me and I don’t want them to know the reason why.

Bree and Rose already left upstairs with Sarah since Bree needed to feed Sarah and wanted to talk to Rose about “something”.
That “something” will be her investigating why me and Rose are not as much even looking at each other.

“stay away from me,” I said. He’s leaning closer by the second I don’t want my sister to think his husband is cheating on him with her brother.

“relax. I won’t kiss you, my wife’s a great kisser.” He said.

Its disgusting how easily he talks about Bree in front of me, knowing I hate it.

“you’re disgusting,” I said

“yeah, well, too bad” he said and leaned back “but seriously, why does Rose looks so pissed?”

I let out an exhausting sigh. Finn knows about my health so does Bree but what they don’t know is that I was forced to find out what was wrong with me and if I tell Finn about it, chances are him and Bree will gang up with Rose and make me take the treatment.

“I… forgot to tell her that… I’d come home late last night so she waited for me..” Finn looked at me with squinted eyes, even I wouldn’t buy that.

“you’re a bad liar..” Finn said. I sighed “oh well, its fine, I guess you two are giving your relationship a try and got into your first couple fight—”

“we’re not giving anything a chance, don’t keep your hopes up.” The last thing I want is Finn to think I’ll fix our marriage. Its fine how it is.

Finn turned his head towards the staircase when we heard Sarah giggling, he grinned and I turned my head to find Bree holding Sarah who was wearing a floral pink dress which Rose bought.

“look what Aunt Rose bought Sarah,” Bree said bringing Sarah to Finn.

Finn took Sarah in his arms and kissed her cheeks making Sarah giggle “my baby looks beautiful in it,” he placed her in his lap, Sarah pulled out her arms and touched Finn’s face, he grinned wider. I looked at Bree who was standing, admiring her husband and daughter.

I can’t lie, Rose is right, its cute how Bree and Finn are with Sarah, their bond with her will be unbreakable, Bree is a younger of our mom and our mom was the best thing we had.

Its hard not to melt seeing Finn and Bree loving Sarah, they’re adorable.

It took me a minute to realize Rose didn’t come with Bree. we’ve already eaten and we’re suppose to leave for the house.

“Bree,” I said, she hummed without looking away from Finn and Sarah “where’s Rose?”

“oh, she’s upstairs. She said she’s going to stay for a while, you can leave.” She said

“what? Why?”

“I don’t know.”

I sighed. Rose is making this a big deal.