CHAPTER 22: ROSE

People can change.

People can change to be worst. They can change to be the best. They can change to be cruel. They can change to be sweet.

And I've seen it.

Ryan kept his word. He really wants to fix the marriage.

After our encounter in the living room and my panic attack the next day. Ryan showed me a version I never thought I'd see in him.

We cook together. He talks about his day more often, he asks me about my day, my books, things I like.

We've spent these 3 weeks getting to know each other.

I've noticed that Ryan isn't a affectionate guy but he doesn't pull away when I hug him or kiss him. Sometimes, he kisses me or holds me. He even smiles more often.

He's still cold. Whenever we go out, he have his cold mask on, his shoulders get tensed, his facial expression are scary. The people who work for him or know him, still know him as a cruel and cold man. But I know he's not because I've seen it.

Finn and Bree were so shocked when they saw Ryan holding my hand at dinner with them.

He didn't smile much at dinner but he was really sweet and Finn doesn't mind that Ryan doesn't laughs at his jokes. Their friendship is a different kind.

"You're a fairy Godmother," Bree said over the phone, I laughed.

We don't get time to talk much these days. Since Sarah is growing and about to take her first steps, Bree is always around her. Finn and Bree barely have time for each other, Bree with households and Finn with his work. But still their love is as healthy as it was the day they started dating.

"I never thought I'd ever see Ryan like that. Rose, the way he stares at you is so dreamy!" Bree exclaimed.

I can't stop smiling "your brother is really sweet," that's the only thing I can say

Bree laughed and I heard someone sit beside her "ask Rose if she can make Ryan wear onesies," Finn said "it'll be fun,"

"Honey, Ryan will kill you for even thinking about that," Bree said

"Then don't tell him I suggested it." I could feel Finn's grin and Bree's annoyed gaze at him.

"Get out,"

Finn laughed and I heard them kiss "I love you," he said before I heard him walk away

"He's so annoying," Bree said

"But you love him," I stated.

I felt her grin "yeah, I do," I smiled "anyways," she continued "tell me more about your sudden love. How is Ryan treating you?"

"Good."

"Are you sure? Don't you dare hide anything from me, Rose. If he does something, tell me and I'll kick his ass."

"He's your older brother."

"So what? I'll kick his ass if he doesn't treat a woman right. Especially a woman like you."

I laughed.

My head turned when I heard the front door unlocked, I knew who it was before he stepped in.

"Bree, I'm gonna call you later," I said

I could feel her smirking when she replied "okayyy, have funnnn, byeee,"

She hung up before I could.

Ryan walked in and shut the door. He spotted me and his body relaxed.

I love this moment.

Outside the house, Ryan is always so tensed up, he's sure about his surroundings as if something will happen if he gets distracted. But now- since a few weeks- whenever he comes home and we lock eyes, his whole body relaxes and he smiles weakly.

Just like right now, I'm sitting on the couch crossed legged smiling at him while he's walking towards me without breaking the eye contact.

"Hi," I said as he reached the couch and rested his hands on the head rest

"Hi," he said, weakly smiling down at me.

He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips which made me grin wider.

"How was your day?" I asked he walked around the couch and sat beside me.

"Tiring. Some clients can be assholes," I frowned at that "but everything's okay,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," he said and reached for my hand. He gently squeezed it "I hired a new secretary,"

"Oh, good." he fired his new secretary weeks ago but couldn't find another reasonable for the job. "Go fresh up," I said as I got up "and I'll set the table."

"Wait," he said "sit," he said and gently pulled me down to sit

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes. Don't worry." He patted my hand

"Okay, talk, I'm scared,"

"Okay," he started "our anniversary is coming,"

"Yes." It's in 4 days.

"And we've never been on a honeymoon,"

"Yes?"

He's silent for a minute. He started staring in my eyes as if he was trying to figure something out then suddenly he asked"Do you like Paris?"

"Yes, it's pretty- why are you asking?" He's grinning.

"Because sweetheart," he said and looked down at my hand while his thumb traced my engagement ring "we're going to Paris for our anniversary."