CHAPTER 17: RYAN

The last thing I remember before I was operated was the doctor injected some serum in my arm and the only person who came in my mind was Rose before I passed out.

Now, when I opened my eyes, I find myself in a weird place. Not the hospital. Not hell. Not even heaven.

It's a ground so bright I have no idea whether it's the light of the bulb or the light from the sun.

I look around to find an endless path going nowhere. There's no one here except me.

"Hello?" I said and my voice echoed all around the place.

I look down at my feet to find my own reflection on the ground. It's not a clear reflection but I can see myself.

I don't know if I'm standing on a glass or walking in the water but I don't like it here.

Did I die?

If I died and this is heaven then I'm shocked. I didn't expect to end up in heaven.

I like the silence tho, it's relaxing but it's also irritating. I don't know if I'm ded or alive. If this is real or I'm in a dream.

I soon hear footsteps approaching me, I don't turn around till the footsteps stop few steps behind me.

We both are silent and no one says a word or moves until I hear the person clear his throat.

"You can turn around, you know,"

I freeze at the recognition of the man's voice.

I did die.

There's no other explanation...

I slowly turn around to face him and there he is.

Standing right in front of me is my brother.

My dead brother.

"Jack," that's the only thing I say when I see him.

He's wearing the same clothes he wore the night he died. The blue sweater Bree gifted him and his grey sweats that he always wore to be comfortable. His hair is a mess like it always have been and it always suited him.

Worst of all, he's wearing a smile. His charming smile for which everyone fell for.

"Hi," he said

I gather my thoughts before asking "did I die? I died, right?"

He chuckled "no, no, believe me, you're alive."

Then how the hell am I seeing him?

"How are you here?" I asked

He shrugged "I don't know, I'm just here,"

This shit is so confusing.

"Why?" I asked

"To knock some sense into you," he said, I frowned "make you admit who you really care about." He emphasized on the word 'really'

"What?"

"Don't worry, you're not waking up till you admit your true feelings and my dear brother, you're stuck with me till you admit the truth," he grinned.

That's the kind of grin I hated when we were young because it always meant he was going to waste my time talking shit.

But right now, I'd do anything to talk to him because God, I missed him.

-----♡-----

I take my words back.

I hate talking to him. He's annoying and I want to kill him.