CHAPTER 32: ROSE

Remember when I said sleepy Ryan was my favorite version of Ryan? I'm gonna change my answer. Ryan talking about his mother is the best version of Ryan.

After our date at the picnic- which, by the way, was straight planned from a book- Ryan told me a lot of stories about his mom.

I know a lot about his mom now. Her favorite color. Her favorite food. Her hobby. How she met Ryan's father.

I noticed that talking about Ryan's parents love story was hard for him so I tried not to focus on that.

Ryan's mom was an angel. She was sweet, humble and never raised her voice at her kids or anyone.

Even when we were on the plane back to New York, I ate Ryan's ear off asking him million of questions about his mom.

The best part? Ryan enjoyed it. He had a genuine smile on his face when he was talking about his mom, the moments he had with her.

"Jack was a trouble maker." Ryan said as we walked in our house.

I laughed as he shut the door and said "it's not hard to guess. Jack has always been a trouble maker."

"And a pain in the ass." Ryan muttered.

I hit his shoulder earning a tiny smile "he was polite too though."

"Yes. Beating the shit out of your ex is a very polite gesture. I'd give him a point for that." Ryan said then went in the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes. The guy who Jack beat up had cheated on me, I was really hurt so Jack handled him.

"He would've been a great lover too." I said teasingly. I didn't miss the pause in Ryan's movements as I said it.

He turned on his heels and raised his eye brow "excuse me?"

I grinned.

This will be fun.

I sat on the counter table and placed my chin in my palm while my elbows rested on the counter as I said "Jack would've been a great lover. None of his girlfriends ever complained."

Ryan placed his hands on the counter, leaning towards me "are you saying he would've been a great lover for you?"

I chuckled "no honey." I leaned closer and pecked his lips "you're cute when you're jealous."

"I wasn't jealous."

"So you wouldn't mind the fact that me and Jack kissed once."

His eyes grew wide making me burst into a laugh.

"When the hell did that happen?" Ryan asked

I wiped the tear from my eye "relax. It was a dare. It was not a good kiss."

He sighed in relief "Thank God."

I gave him a weak smile as he lifted from the counter.

"Do you miss him?"

Ryan's eyes snapped towards mine. He didn't answer for a moment but then nodded as he turned to walk away saying "everyday." He opened the fridge and said "it's annoying but I miss him a lot."

His words brought tears to my eyes. Ryan never talks about his feelings neither does he shows any feelings.

Hearing him say that he misses Jack means so much. He loves his siblings and he regrets not saving Jack. I know it.

I stood up from the chair and walked to Ryan as he shut the fridge. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him.

"You're an amazing brother." I whispered into his chest.