CHAPTER 25: ROSE

"Rose," a firm voice whispered my name "Rose, wake up."

I felt a hand placed on my shoulder shaking me gently. I groaned into the pillow "I don't want to." My voice was muffled into the pillow

"But we have to get ready. I've something planned for us," the hand moved down and soon a pair of arms were wrapped around my waist and I felt something heavy on my shoulder.

I opened my eyes and tilted my head to find Ryan resting his chin on my shoulder. His eyes were glued to his phone- which he was holding while also holding me- his side profile was towards me.

"Done staring?" His voice startled me, I blinked and he was looking at me.

"Idiot," I muttered and pushed him away, I heard him chuckle as he rolled over.

I stood up from the bed rubbing my eyes, I turned back towards the bed and Ryan was staring. His posture- he was laying on the bed with his right elbow as a support to rest his head on his palm- it made him look attractive.

Everything he does seems attracted to you.

True that.

"What?" I said

He shook his head "nothing. You look cute." He said, slightly smiling. I'm starting to miss his smug face.

I looked down at myself. I was wearing a years old T-shirt- which I stole from my dad- and years old shorts- who's shirt I lost somewhere.

My hair was a mess and I'm probably sure there are dark circles under my eyes.

I looked at Ryan and he was still staring "you're blind." I said and walked towards the restroom to wash up.

Before I closed the door, I heard Ryan say "hurry washing up, we're going out to have breakfast."

I showed him thumbs up then shut the door.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

Ryan's a fucking liar.

I look terrible.

My shirt's all crumbled up- as always- my hair looks like it's been through a war, the dark circles under my eye are very much visible and my skin looks oily.

I took a deep breath before I stormed out and yelled at Ryan for lying.

Instead, I washed up and got ready to take a warm shower.

After I was done, I wrapped a bath robe around myself and plugged in my hair dryer. I turned on the switch and started drying my hair.

After my hair looked decent, I took out my makeup box- good thing, I placed everything in the bathroom so I didn't have to go out.

I don't know where we're going so I decided to do my makeup naturally, not too light and not too dark.

After I was done doing my makeup, I decided to braid my hair. I braided into a french braid like my mom used to.

I paused halfway braiding at the memory. We used to hide in the bathroom from dad whenever he would tell us that we're going out. We'd get ready together then surprise dad with our outfits.

"Mama, wear a dress a like me!" I said while jumping. I love it when me and mama dress the same. We look pretty.

"Okay honey but first, let me make your hair." She said with the sweetest smile. I love Mama's smile.

"Okay."

Mama pulled a chair by the bathroom counter and I climbed on it, I sat straight and made sure my dress wasn't crumbled.

Mama lifted my chin gently so I was looking in the mirror. So I could see mama.

"How does my princess want her hair to be like?" Mama asked

"I want to braid it!" I threw my hands up in excitement. Daddy said he loves it when my hair is braided.

Mama smiled "okay," she brushed my hair smoothly then started braiding it.

Whenever mama did something she liked, she always had a smile on her face. I love watching mama work, she always does it with such care and love.

"I love you, mama." I said

Mama looked at me through the mirror and her smile grew wider, more sweet. "I love you to the moon, princess."

"Rose!" A loud bang startled me. I found myself staring into the mirror. I noticed tears stained on my cheek.

Was I... Crying?

Another bang.

I flinched and turned towards the door.

"Rose, open the fucking door!"

Ryan.

I stumbled towards the door and quickly unlocked it, I threw it open and Ryan bursted in.

He looked like a mess. His eyes were wide with fear, his brows were messed up, his hair was messed up, it looked like he had been squeezing his frustration on his hair. His eyes were full of worry.

He was in the same condition he was 2 months ago when he caught me lost in my thoughts in the room..

"What the hell were you doing?" His voice was shaky and uneven "I've been banging on the door for the past 15 minutes!"

I couldn't make up words, my throat felt dry, my eyes were burning because of the sudden tears.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

Ryan's eyes softened when he noticed the crack in my voice, I quickly looked down so that he doesn't notice the tears forming in my eyes.

I felt his hand on my chin "Rose," he said quietly and gently lifted my chin up so I look at him "what's wrong?"

He kept our eye contact trying to read me. I pressed my lips together and closed my eyes as a tear escaped "I miss her," I whispered, "I miss her so much, Ryan." My voice came out as a whimper.

Before I knew it, Ryan threw his arms around me, pulling me closer to his chest. My body vibrated through my sobs as I buried my face into his chest. I clutched his shirt tightly while he stood still holding me.

I don't know for how long I was sobbing, he didn't speak a word or moved. I only felt him lean down and press a soft kiss on my head when my breathing evened.

My eyes hurt because of the tears, I felt tears stained on my cheeks, I was still griping his shirt and I was staring into a blank space.

After gathering my thoughts, I let out a heavy sigh and pulled away, his shirt was stained with my tears.

I looked up at him, his arms were still around me. He still looked concerned.

He brushed few strands of my hair away from my face gently then placed his hand on my cheek, wiping my tears.

"Let's stay in," that's all he said.

I nodded. After such a breakdown, I don't think our day will bring anything better.

He held my hand and took me out of the bathroom, I took my sweats and changed in them.

First day in Paris and I spend it having a breakdown. Great.