~ A gun against her head~

« So this kid is the real killer? » Sherrif asked as he looked at Matt's picture.

After discovering that Matt was the person controlling Jackson. Y/n, Stiles and Scott immediately went to tell the sheriff. So here they were, in Stiles house, trying to convince him that an actual teenager had been going around killing people without telling him the kanima part.

« Yes. » Stiles said looking up to his dad.

« No. » The sheriff replied not wanting to believe them.

« Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police looks for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? All you have to do is look through their transcripts and figure out which call they all had in common. » Stiles said standing up to face his dad.

« Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris class. » The sheriff argued back.

« All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him? » Stiles asked

« No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything. » The sheriff said making Stiles become annoyed at him.

« Scott, Y/n, do you believe this? » The sheriff asked pointing towards the two.

« It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you gotta trust us. » Scott said but the sheriff then looked back at Y/n to make sure she also believed this. The witch looked back at him, giving his an apologetic smile and nodding her head.

« We know it's Matt.. » Y/n said.

« Yeah, he took Harris car, okay? » Stiles then said nodding his head at Y/n's words.
« He knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders. and that if enough of the victims in Harris class, that they'd arrest him. »

« All right, fine. » The Sherrif said giving up.
« I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead? » He asked.
Y/n looked towards Scoot and Stiles, wondering if they had any idea knowing that they haven't thought about that.

« Isn't it obvious? » Stiles asked raising his arms in the air. «  Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in like six years. » He said making Y/n smile at his response.

« Olay we don't have a motive yet. » Stiles then said noticing the annoyed look on his father's face.
« I mean, come on. Does Harris? »

« What do you want me to do? » The Sherrif suddenly asked making their eyes widen.

« We need to look at the evidence. » Scott said.

« Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work. » Stilinski said annoyed.

« Trust me, they'll let you in. » Stiles argued.

« Trust you? » He said dumbfound as he pointed his fingers on Stiles chest.

« Trust...Y/n and Scott? » Stiles said pointing behind him where his two best friends stood. Scott and Y/n gave the sheriff a forced smile as he looked at them.

« Them, I trust. » He said nodding his head towards them before turning away towards the door with the tree following behind.

« You okay? » Stiles asked Y/n as they walked down the stairs with Scott next to them.

« Yeah, great! » Y/n said glancing up at him to give him a smile.

« You can go back home if you want Y/n. You had a pretty rough night. » Stiles said making her smile at his worry.