Chapter 2 • is this legal?...

When you feel a soft hand lay on your shoulder you don't turn to see who it is, instead you scan the halls for the chance you happened to miss the short man at first glance.

"Y/n?" Your vision of the hallway gets block by Yoimiya who now has a concerned stare. "Everything okay?" She lightly smiles reminding you of how unserious the situation was. You see him everyday in that class, there's always tomorrow.

When you nod she immediately disregards the puzzling action and smiles in relief before taking you by the arm and walking you to your next class.

Classes without Yoimiya were always terribly boring, all you had was your math work and your phone that never once lit up with a notification.

When the bell signaling the start of lunch rang you didn't light up in the slightest. Lunch was nice but when your best friend is super popular all thats left to do is sit with her group and wait for a chance to talk to her.

Yoimiya's friend group was great, really. They just happen to all be extreme social butterflies that never really notice the introverts. For example, you.

You were ok with it though. Having somewhere to sit was ok. Spending the lunch period on your phone mindlessly scrolling was ok.

You watched as Yoimiya's face turned a bright pink when she'd talk to one of her closest friends, Ayaka. Her crush was obvious to everyone around her except for Ayaka.

You giggled watching her struggle to get a coherent sentence out. But when your eyes roamed for a split second they seemed to lock on the familiar dark haired man from before on the roof of your school.

You only hesitated for a second before throwing your schoolbag over your shoulder and sprinting towards the school building. Not a single thought about anything else crossed your mind.

And after climbing four flights of stairs you finally reach the rooftop. Your trouble breathing didn't seem to stop you as you sprinted to where you saw him before.

But maybe it was that second's hesitation that caused you to just barely miss him. The dark haired man was nowhere. Instead, a familiar white haired man peacefully stared off the school roof.

You'd seen Kaedehara Kazuha before, usually around Yoimiya's group. But of course, you've never had the chance of speaking with the mysterious man.

You knew that fact would change when he heard your heavy breathing and turns to you with a curious face to him.

You wondered if maybe you're going crazy. Is there a possibility that he's all in your head and every time you get near him he disappears?

"This might sound dumb but have you seen a guy with like.... indigo hair, um... he has a bowl haircut kinda- oh and-" Your amazing description gets cut off by Kazuha's soft laughter.

"Scaramouche?" Kazuha smiles and all your anxiety seems to fade away with his calming aura.

You nod as you recall that name being called in the morning attendance everyday, but you had never put a face to it.

"Ah yes, he was sitting with me for a moment then left. Are you a friend of his?"

"Nono- just his classmate."

"I thought so, I was excited for a moment though!" His soft laugh returns. "You're a close friend of Yoimiyas, correct?"

You nod, confirming his memory and he smiled widely before introducing himself, "Ah hello, I am Kaedehara Kazuha." He reaches his hand out to you.

"Y/n, nice to meet you.."

"Is there a reason you were looking for Scaramouche?" He tilts his head making your heart flutter.

"Oh right, it's totally dumb. He was listening to a song I liker and... yea..." You face the floor, almost embarrassed.

He laughs, making you even more embarrassed. "Well Y/N, would you like his number?"

Your breath hitches as you quickly lock eye contact with Kazuha. "Oh I was just gonna talk to him in person- and that seems like a bit much..."

"No its fine, i'd like to see him make some friends. Please?" His face looks so soft and you can't help but cave.

But it should be fine!

Guy from social studies

Y/N
scaramouche?