Chapter 22.5 • antiromantic

"Y/n, we're going on a date." Scaramouche demanded as soon as the two of you were alone. It was clear that something had gotten to him, but you didn't mind as long as you got to spend time with him.

"Okay... where?" As happy as you were, you were unsure how to respond.

"Doesn't matter." He dropped a rather large box onto his bed that had a fashion brand on it, along with a ribbon keeping it shut. "Get changed and meet me downstairs."

And like that, he had left and shut the door for you to dress yourself.

After you untied the ribbon and lifted the lid you were met with a white top, black pants, and a black long coat. Definitely not your usual style but it suited the chilly air today.

The clothes ended up fitting big on some parts but overall worked. As soon as you were dressed you followed Scaramouche's order and found him downstairs waiting by the front door.

"Get your shoes on, hurry up." He seemed in a rush right now. To keep him from being annoyed the whole date you went as fast as you could.

All the efforts soon went to waste.

"Y/n, you look nice! Heading somewhere?" Shogun peeked as she walked by.

"Doesn't matter." Scaramouche answered for you as he pulled you outside and shut the door behind you.

You clearly underestimated the weather today, as soon as the cold air hit your skin you shivered from shock.

Scaramouche took notice and without hesitation he took off his scarf and wrapped it around your neck. Then, walked towards the car like nothing happened.

The car finally came to a stop at a familiar place, it was the cafe that you went to with him and Yoimiya that one time. You never really got to savor their delicious cheesecake last time you were here.

You entered with excitement and admiration for how cute the place looked the first time.

"I wasn't sure where to take you." He muttered leading the two of you to the exact same table you were at once before.

"This is great Scaramouche."

Minutes later, the two of you were sat with drinks and pastries. Along with a delicious strawberry cheesecake of course.

"I really wasn't sure what to do, Shogun and Kazuha gave me ideas but they were kinda bad." You giggled at Scaramouche's awkwardness.

"If I can ask, what are you gonna do about you and Yoimiya?" Scaramouche brought up suddenly.

It took you a while to answer because you weren't completely sure yourself. "I'll talk to her about it soon..." Scaramouche just nodded as he took a sip of his overly sweet coffee.

Quickly, the silence grew awkward when neither of you two knew what to say. It was clear that the title of "date" made both of you nervous.

"Uh... wanna go somewhere?"

The sun was starting to set yet here you and Scaramouche were at the apartment complex in front of your high school.

"Wow Scaramouche, I appreciate the offer but I don't think we should move in together just yet." You teased as he led you through the buildings stairs.

"You wish."

After climbing about ten floors of stairs you stepped outside the elevator to be greeted by a beautiful sunset dipped in colors like purple, red, yellow and more.

"I'd enjoy this more if I wasn't out of breath." You scolded Scaramouche as he took you by the hand towards the fencing at the edge.

"My bad, I'll carry you up next time." He wrapped his arms around you from behind and brought you a slight sense of deja vu from when the two of you made your relationship official.

"I wanted to take us to the school rooftop but the building's closed... you know? For sentimental value?" He placed his head onto your shoulder with a bit of embarrassment when you laughed at his thought.

Minutes passed just standing in that position staring at the view, in reality you were mainly just enjoying Scaramouche's presence. How he showed you a side of him that was unfamiliar to anyone else. How he let himself become vulnerable around you...

"I love you y/n."

"I love you too Scaramouche."

a/n
i didnt know how to put any of my ideas into words. also mb for late post🙁 i'll apologize with angst😁