Chapter 9 • Kinda sweet

"We aren't actually gonna do schoolwork are we?" You manage to say out of breath from being dragged by Scaramouche.

"Obviously not."

You finally reach the rooftop and get leaded to where you met Kazuha before. And there he was.

"Tbh I was surprised you were friends with Kazuha when I first found out." You whispered to him before Kazuha notices the two of you.

"Did you just say tbh in real life y/n?... You're so chronically online it hurts."

At this point Kazuha noticed you so you both sat at the bench with him. You in the center and the two others on each side of you. Scaramouche then hands you your sub and soda, along with your favorite candy.

"Ah... y/n, Scaramouche, I see you two did end up becoming friends." He smiles and you return it. Scaramouche didn't react, he just unwrapped his sandwich.

"Scaramouche, you got lunch, i'm surprised." Kazuha pointed out followed by a scoff from Scaramouche.

"Y/n, how is it being friends with Scaramouche. I'm sure you're tired of him like I am."

"Fuck you too." Scaramouche spoke with his mouthful causing you to laugh to yourself.

"He's for sure interesting. Sometimes I wanna punch him, but he has good music taste so I don't."

"Is all you care about my music taste? Wow.. i'm hurt y/n." He spoke with a sad sarcastic voice.

"No of course not. I also like that you buy me (favorite candy)!" You said making Kazuha laugh.

"Really? I'll be sure to buy more to be able to stay friends with the one and only y/n." His sarcastic tone still didn't leave. His words created a shocked face on Kazuha. You swear he almost choked on his spit.

"Wow Scaramouche, never knew you could be so kind." He smirked.

"Shut up."

"You've never bought me any candy before."

"Cause you don't deserve it."

You found their bickering funny, but then you found yourself staring at Scaramouche through their back and forth insults. Kazuha seemed to notice.

"Ah, I forgot I need to go see Mr. Zhongli about a project. I'll leave you two lovebirds alone." Kazuha stated and exited.

You're almost certain Scaramouche didn't hear that last part as he was opening his Sprite and the carbonation seemed to have been released when Kazuha said that.

Lovebirds? With Scaramouche?? Funny

"Lovebirds...?" Scaramouche laughed. He heard? Since you had no reaction when Kazuha said that you decided to act like you never heard.

"Hm? Lovebirds?" Flawless acting y/n.

"Oh. Nothing."

The rest of the lunch period was spent with conversation that never seemed to paused for a second but it was soon interrupted by a bell.

After school you found Yoimiya and Scaramouche as planned. Yoimiya seemed livelier than usual.

"Y/n! Are you ready to go?" Yoimiya held your arm and turned to prepare to leave. Meanwhile Scaramouche stood in front of the two of you with his arms crossed.

"Scaramouche! You'll drive us, right?" Yoimiya smiled for what you think is the first time at him.

"Sure.." He agreed with an annoyed tone