Chapter 15 • the rumor and its truth

The class after lunch you had class with Scaramouche, Childe, and Yoimiya... You were more than happy to not have to part Scaramouche's side after lunch. But seeing Yoimiya in a class where the only things really done are art and talking made you so nervous.

Scaramouche took your wrist as the two of you entered the class, with Childe following behind. He pulled you to his table where him and Childe sat.

Yoimiya's table right in front of yours was already covered in people despite Yoimiya not being there yet.

Childe followed the two of you and sat at his regular spot with you. The dirty looks he received from other students surprised you.

And you were comforted knowing that Childe really did care about the two of you.

Still, you wondered why she hated Scaramouche so much. You never got the answers when confronting her. A future knowing what happened didn't seem all that possible.

The gossiping and laughing drowned out any other type of conversation. Looking at Childe and Scaramouche they didn't seem to mind. So you tried to stay the same.

Childe managed to start a conversation through the tense air and the amount of people watching was nerve wracking.

Yoimiya entered the room and only gave you a side eye, and then ignored you for the remainder of the period.

The thoughts of Yoimiya turning around haunted you. But you almost wanted it to happen. It never did though.

She has to feel some sort of ashamed right?

Thoughts like that kept you unable to focus the whole class period. Maybe after she cools off there'd be a chance to talk to her about it?

You weren't sure what to do but all you knew is you somewhat missed her.

"Do you regret it?" Scaramouche asked walking at your side while leaving the school building.

It took you a while to think about it. She was your best friend for years, you did everything together. But in the end, she was the one that ruined it all out of something she wouldn't even explain to you.

"I don't." You finally replied.

You could see a light smile grow across his face but immediately attempted to hide it.

"Y/n." A familiar voice coming from behind froze you. Scaramouche was the only one of the two of you that managed to look back at the voice.

After a bit of mental preparation you did the same as Scaramouche and faced the voice.

"Are you actually fucking dating him?" She yelled from a meter away. As much as you wanted to, you couldn't get any words out. Your mouth opened to speak but when nothing escaped you closed it once again.

"Fucks sake." Soon after the pause Yoimiya had her hand around your wrist and pulled you to a distance far enough away from Scaramouche to where he couldn't hear her whispers.

"Y/n, I thought you'd trust me in this. I thought you'd trust that i'm trying to keep you safe. But it's like the only way you'll listen is if you hear the truth."

You heard Yoimiya gulp in a pause before telling you what you wanted to hear. Scaramouche stood in the same place facing you, yet his eyes went to everything except you.

"Do you... remember Teppei?" Teppei was a close family friend of Yoimiya's. You'd often see him at parties held by Yoimiya's family and sometimes he'd even hang out with just the two of you.

He was about three years older than you and you really looked up to him. Every time you saw him he'd have some new story or advice for the two of you. But that all stopped when Teppei was attacked and ended up in the hospital for about a month.