Chapter 19 • stress

Not long after spotting Yoimiya, she had done the same. All you wanted to do was grab Scaramouche's hand and prove to her he never planned to hurt you.

But things seemed different this time, the usual cold glare she'd given you a few days prior, was now a look of regret. Her eyes soon hit the floor, then she returned to her usual morning conversations. Though, she was visibly more quiet than usual.

"I'm leaving you." Scaramouche yelled at you as he was walking away. You quickly chased after and followed him into your first period classroom.

Still, there was around half an hour before class officially started, he just wanted to avoid people.

The two of you had casual conversation until Kazuha came in with a face full of joy.

"Scaramouche, Y/n, you're back." He smiled as he stood in front of your desk.

"Yeah." Scaramouche's reply was try, his sleepiness was really visible with his constant dozing off and the dark circles under his eyes.

"Good morning Kazuha!" You spoke with a friendly tone.

"Oh right, it seems like the drama between you two and Yoimiya died down. No ones really been speaking about it." He mentioned bringing you a rush of relief.

"Of course, this is all I know after leaving the group. I don't know any of the stuff they're talking about inside of it." He continued.

"Thank you Kazuha." You grinned.

"It's my pleasure. Now if you'll excuse me, I should get to class." You hadn't noticed just how quick the time had passed.

After Kazuha left the classroom, Yoimiya entered with a small group of friends. You immediately looked away, not wanting to cause any issues.

When you looked at Scaramouche he was fast asleep with his arms crossed, using his schoolbag as a pillow. His usual tense face that school always gave him melted into a relaxed shape. His beauty had you in awe.

The school day felt so long but at least it wasn't miserable as it had been days prior. You were happy having three silly guys to talk to during the school day, even if one of them basically slept through it all.

But you really didn't expect to enter your home with Scaramouche to see your parents and Sayu all sitting in the living room chatting.

Your parents that were never home due to being travel nurses. But despite never being there, you still happily considered them some of the best family ever.

"Mom? Dad?" Your face grew into a large smile before jumping into their happy embrace. Scaramouche stood in the doorway completely unsure of what to do.

"Why are you here?" You wondered, followed by a joking slap on the arm from your mother.

"Why? Are you sad?" She laughed. "Sayu texted us that she got sick so we knew we had to rush home!"

Your father simply nodded in agreement then turned towards Scaramouche. "Is this your boyfriend that Sayu had mentioned?"

Your face became flushed with embarrassment while Scaramouche smiled at being called your boyfriend.

"Yeah. Mom, Dad, this is Scaramouche." You introduced with one hand covering your face.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. L/n." He was surprisingly calm with the situation. You could tell that he immediately won your parents over.

"Hm, he's rather small but I can tell he treats you well." Your father smiled, reaching a hand out to Scaramouche. Who immediately took his hand and gave a soft smile.

"Scaramouche, would you like to stay for dinner?" Your mother asked, hoping to know more.

As much as you loved Scaramouche, it seemed that you were more nervous about him meeting your parents than he was. So you quickly sent him a look that prompted him to say no.

And despite your silent pleads, he accepted her offer.

The dinner ended up going well and mainly consisted of Scaramouche and your father making jokes or sharing stories. The stories your dad said about you were so extremely embarrassing that you struggled to even sit at the table.

Your mothers next question made the urge to leave even stronger. "Y/n, how's Yoimiya doing?"

Your breath hitched and even Scaramouche had a bad reaction. The three members of your family all noticed the silence becoming tense.

"Uh... we don't talk anymore." You tried to make it sound as peaceful as you could but they quickly caught on.

"I see. Did something happen?" She asked. Your father and Sayu were also extremely curious with the situation, Scaramouche couldn't do anything but watch.

"Nothing important." You attempted to avoid the topic as much as you could but your efforts went to waste.

"You should figure out how to fix that, I don't think you'll ever make another friend as good as her." Your mother set her fork down.

Those words hurt but you knew it was true. Yoimiya was a friend that no one could replace. You were just glad you had Scaramouche now. The air felt thick and heavy. Breathing felt like it was getting harder.

"Please excuse me." You slammed your hands against the table to push yourself up and as calm as you could, you walked upstairs to your room.

A few minutes later Scaramouche entered and immediately joined you at your side on your bed. You weren't crying, but the anger from her words flooded your brain making you unable to breathe normally.

He wasn't sure what to say. He's never been one for comforting. The only people he's attempted to comfort were his sister and Kazuha. Spoiler, it was awkward and they both just laughed at him.

All he knew how to do in this situation, was to hug you.

Childe, Kazuha, y/n and Scaramouche

Childe renamed the groupchat to sillies

Childe
hi sillies

Kazuha
Hi sillier.

Childe
🤭

y/n
hiii

Scaramouche
huh

Childe
guys
lets hangout
im bored

Scaramouche
no

Kazuha
Sure :)

y/n
okey

Kazuha
@Scaramouche You have to go now, your girlfriend is going.

y/n
U TOLD HIM??

Scaramouche
no i didnt?

Kazuha
Oh, I guess I was right lol.

Scaramouche
u guessed that??

Childe
GIRLFRIEND??
HELLO??!
WTF

Scaramouche
lets hang out guys

y/n
i second that

Childe
wtf😭

a/n!!!!
hihi🤭 angst soon guys!! AND TYSM FOR 800 READ THINGS??? also im trying to make childe more canony and less fanony?? ALSO IM CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH COLUMBINA??? might add her in the story🤭🤭 anyways hope u enjoyed🤞