Chapter 13 • :)

He beat you to it.

He placed a slight gentle kiss on your lips. It was soft and warm. You weren't very pleased with how fast it ended.

He pulled away from you with a sense of embarrassment in his voice. "Y/n..."

You removed your hands that seemed to have maneuvered to cup his face earlier by themselves without you noticing.

"Scaramouche?" What if he hadn't thought about it before he kissed you? What if it was an in the moment thing?

"I.... I should probably go now." He pushed himself farther away from you.

"Oh, ok." Why did he have to leave? He ditched school to be with you. Did he regret it?

After he left you couldn't help but replay the moment in your head. It could've been an in the moment mistake on his part.

You knew it wasn't gonna be the same.

You already lost one friend but losing Scaramouche would be way too much.

All you could do was eat cheesecake and regret.

—Scaramouche pov—

Kazuha

scaramouche
kazuha
i need ur help right fucking now
why arent you responding

Kazuha
I'm in class Scaramouche.
What do you need?

scaramouche
me and y/n kissed

Kazuha
?!?!
Congrats!!

scaramouche
no kazuha
this is bad
i dont want to be in a relationship

Kazuha
I see.
Do you like y/n?

scaramouche
maybe??
idk
i think
but i dont want to

Kazuha
Hm.
I think it'd be best to not hide how you feel and see how it works out.
You already know she likes you, not letting her know about your feelings might damage your relationship.

scaramouche
FUCKDIDICJIF
kazuha never give my number to someone again
fuck u
this is all ur fault

Kazuha
<3

scaramouche
fix this
what do i do

Kazuha
What do you want with her?

scaramouche
idk
i dont wanna lose her
FUSICJ
she lost her best friend standing up for me kazuha

Kazuha
Yoimiya?
I'd say talk to her about this Scaramouche.

scaramouche
ok
thx ig

Kazuha
Goodluck. :)

So Scaramouche spent the whole day debating what do to. He felt bad leaving y/n with no answer but he didn't have one himself.

He replayed every memory he could think of with her. Starting from the times when he'd hear her laughing with Yoimiya during classes. Before the two of them ever spoke.

Then he remembered how annoyed she made him. As much as he tried, he didn't understand why he was so cold to her.

He wants to stay friends with her.