Chapter 16 • I thank you

Despite everything, Scaramouche took you to the teahouse where Thoma worked at just so he could see your happiness when playing with the dog.

But upon entrance you noticed that it was more full today. And instead of standing at the counter, Thoma was standing chatting with a table of two.

A table of Yoimiya and Ayaka.

Once Thoma's eyes saw you it didn't take long for the others to see the same. Disgust grew on Yoimiya's face. The reaction made you regret ever leaving her for a second.

Maybe if you just explained the full story to her, she'd take back all her words. As much as you wished it could go that way, you knew how unrealistic it was.

As soon as Thoma began to come towards you two, Yoimiya sped past him and out the door. You could hear a sigh come from Ayaka. Her face was full of anguish.

Yet she didn't leave.

And after Thoma had sat the two of you at a nearby table and served you both Scaramouche's regular, you finally got to pet the dog as he finally saw you and ran over to you.

Just for a few seconds, you were able to forget all the issues at hand. You hadn't noticed but the most genuine smile grew on your face.

Scaramouche had noticed though. As cute at the dog was, he couldn't stop himself from staring at you. But when you finally looked up at him, his whole face became a soft pink.

But your wordless conversation with Scaramouche came to an end when a hand reached to pet the top of the dogs head.

Your head turned to Ayaka sat down next to you. When the two of you made eye contact she shot you a graceful smile. Then she looked back at the dog.

"Taroumaru." She spoke out of nowhere puzzling you. She then giggled to herself. "That's his name. He's the owner of this teahouse."

You forgot about all the issue's between Yoimiya and you and just smiled down towards Taroumaru once again.

"Ah, I'm not sure what happened between you and Yoimiya, but please know that Thoma and I don't have any distaste towards you both."

Scaramouche looked to where Thoma was standing and he nodded in agreement.

You felt there was no need to respond, a simple smile to her answered everything. Without a second thought you returned to petting Taroumaru.

"Y/n?" Scaramouche asked you as the two of you drove back to your house.

"Hm?"

"When we move in together in the future are we gonna get a dog or cat?" His question flustered you an insane amount. You felt your face burn up almost instantly.

"W-What?.." You were never the type to stutter but his words surprised you.

"Are we gonna get a dog or cat together?" He repeated. But your breath stopped for a second hearing the 'Together' part.

"Ah.... oh... um....." Scaramouche laughed at your failure to get a sentence out.

"Maybe both." He answered as he put the car into park.

He then turned to you and placed his hand on your head and rubbed it.

"Bye y/n." He removed his hand and you were still speechless. He laughed at your embarrassment.

"Bye Scara." The name Scara seemed to get him back, he obviously didn't get as flustered as you. But the name always had him at a loss for words.

You immediately took your exit, unaware how flushed his face was.