Chapter 4 • following

Wednesdays are the worst day of the week. You've been at school for three whole days and it feels like it should be Friday at this point but then you realize you're only halfway done with the week.

Nothing about this week was going good for you. You embarrassed yourself completely when talking to Scaramouche and seeing him in the seat directly in front of you didn't help.

And the pain just had to be added to with a pop quiz! You could feel your excitement radiating off of you...

Mere minutes before the quiz officially started he turns to face you. Why am I so angry? He just didn't want to be friends.

"Uh.. do you have a pencil?" You realize it's your first time hearing his voice... or well... actually listening, and you weren't disappointed. His voice suited him perfectly, his whisper just added to the pleasing pitch.

Not before long, Yoimiya nudges you prompting you to reply. "Oh, yeah."

You didn't realize how long you stared at him admiring his vo- huh?

"Thanks." He turns back and begins writing.

Scaramouche's pov

I have pencils. Like 10 perfectly sharpened ones. But maybe, Kazuhas right about this. Maybe ONE new friend wouldn't hurt. I don't plan to start any conversations after this though.

Only about twenty minutes later Scaramouche happens to be the first one done.

Originally, the directions were to pull out a book and read until everyone finishes. But does he actually care? Not really.

He flips open his book to a random page and slips his phone in the center.

And according to him, he's just curious right now. He opens Instagram after leaving it untouched for almost three months.

He can't help but scoff at the four girls in his dms trying to start conversation with him.

Moving on, he begins to type "y/n" into the search.

notyn

is this her?

He starts to look at the comments on the only post to find a single comment

yximiyaa: SOO PRETTYYY!!
          notyn: 🫶

Maybe y/n is like him? He makes his way to her following.
yximiyaa
4yaka
kaekazu
s4yuwu

Is she close with Kazuha? Then she can't be horrible. Right?

 Right?