Chapter 20 • childes recap

"This is gonna go shit, I can already see it." Scaramouche swore.

The two of you entered the cafe side by side where you had planned to meet. Despite loving cafes, you've never been here. It was a cozy casual cafe, like the ones you see in the movie. A bookshelf covered the left wall and there was a fireplace and paintings on the other. It wasn't crowded but did have a fair amount of people ordering or sitting at a table, mostly studying. Even then, there was a regular amount of chatter.

And at a coffee table and couch set up by the book shelves sat Kazuha and Childe. They both sent a small wave. 

You could see Scaramouche's hesitation in joining the group but he reluctantly followed when you sat at the end of the couch. He sat himself in between you and Kazuha.

Childe slid you two drinks and Scaramouche started the conversation. "Okay what now?.."

"Now, we talk about everything that happened! Starting with Yoimiya." Childe grinned.

You took a deep breath and spoke, "What about Yoimiya?"

He leaned back into his chair with both hands holding his latte. "Literally everything. From the start."

You sighed and leaned into the arm of the couch. Even Kazuha looked curious. "Well, Yoimiya and I were friends for years, she was my only friend. Then I started becoming friends with Scaramouche and she was mad because of an incident that happened to her family member because of Scaramouche. Sh-" Childe cut you off in shock.

"The Teppei issue?" He asked.

"How'd you know?"

"You guys mentioned it in the groupchat. Plus I was there, idiot." His answer surprised you until you remembered the friendship between him and Scaramouche.

"I was one of the harbingers with him."

"I was a higher rank than him by the way." Scaramouche teased.

"Yeah but who did the Tsaritsa like more?" Scaramouche scoffed at Childe's question.

"Wait, so was Kazuha a harbinger too?" You wondered. All three of them responded with a laugh.

"I wasn't, I simply befriended Scaramouche by chance. I tried to avoid the whole harbingers group." Kazuha explained.

"Okay okay enough, continue with your story y/n!" Childe prompted.

"That's basically it. She got mad and stopped talking to me. She gives me dirty looks but never speaks to me anymore."

"That sounds hard. Your friend of years leaving so easily." Kazuha stares off as he speaks. You agreed with a nod.

"I can't believe she'd throw all that away." Childe muttered. As terrible as it felt, you could see where Yoimiya came from, and the realization hurt. Though, all you could do was sip your coffee and regret at this point.

"Is this all we came here to do?" Scaramouche's voice was filled with annoyance. His drink hadn't even been touched.

Childe laughed at how impatient Scaramouche was. "Of course not! I also wanted to ask about you two." He set his drink down patiently waiting for you and Scaramouche to explain.

"What do you mean?..." Scaramouche acted clueless.

"Are you guys dating~?" Childe's question trailed off.

"I'm also curious." Kazuha added, also setting his drink down.

"We are." Scaramouche said so bluntly that you choked on your spit and set your cup down on the coffee table.

"Oh?" Was all Kazuha could think to say. His face was oh-so amused.

"Wait since when?! I'm just finding out?! After going through all this trouble to help you two, you can't even tell me about you dating?!" Childe spoke so quickly that you just barely understood what he said.

"We just started dating, you numbnuts." Scaramouche spoke in a relaxed voice, not even reacting to Childe's sudden burst of energy.

"I'm just shocked y/n would agree to date you Scaramouche." Kazuha teased that earned him a glare from Scaramouche.

"Y/n, blink twice if he's forcing you to date him." Childe joked but sounded so serious. All three of them looked straight into your eyes that were now blinking as quick as you possibly could. Scaramouche simply scoffed at your joke.

"Kazuha! You see this?! We need to save her!" Childe gripped the arms of the chair he was sitting on and leaned forward to whisper yell.

"Wow. Seems like I'll have to steal her." Kazuha teased.

"Fuck off." Scaramouche stood up and pulled you with him. The two others followed you both out the building.

It ended up with the four of you just walking through a shopping center looking at cool stuff through the mirrors and sometimes going in to look.

"We should all get matching tattoos one day." Childe offered the idea while the four of you walked past a tattoo parlor.

Somehow, you and Scaramouche ended up walking behind the other two.

Childe stopped at the window of a small thrift store. "Guys! They have old records! I wanna look." And without anyone else to counter, the group entered the store.

A shiny necklace hanging ended up catching your eye. It was a silver necklace with a heart locket that read "Mine". The outside also had pretty engravings decorating the sides. And despite the fact that it was already used, it was in almost perfect condition, and its few damages made it look even nicer.

You opened it to view the contents inside the locket but it was empty.

Scaramouche caught you eyeing it and was in awe with how focused you were to find every single detail on the locket. A small smile appeared on his face momentarily before remembering Childe and Kazuha's presence.

"Do you want it?" Was all he could say. You had already snuck a peek at the price and it was surprisingly expensive for a thrift store.

"Oh, no it's okay!" You quickly hung the necklace back where you found it and went to where Childe was searching through a ton of old music records.

Childe ended up purchasing about four records for an absurd price. Scaramouche was the last to exit the building and as soon as he saw you, he pushed a small into your arms and then followed the other two.

You gave him a confused look but quickly realized what he did. You rushed to catch up to him and opened the box to reveal the same heart locket you had admired.

"Scaramouche!" You scolded him. You thought about trying to get him to refund it.

"Shouldn't you be thanking me?"

"Right. Thank you." You were far too flustered to look him in the eyes so you kept your vision on the locket in your hands. Even then, you could feel his eyes on you.

Not long later, Scaramouche froze as he looked down at his phone. The three of you froze about two steps later.

"Is something wrong?" You asked, worried for the worst.

"We gotta go." He gave as an explanation to Kazuha and Childe as he grabbed you by the hand and rushed back to the parking lot his car was at.

When the two of you were finally putting your seatbelts on you asked once again, "What happened Scaramouche?"

"My sisters back."

a/n!!!
🤭🤭 OKOK i hope u guys liked how i made childe's character 🤨 i tried to make him canony‼️ also 20th chapter!! will probably end this around the 30th cause im running out of ideas🙁