Chapter 18 • glue

Now what do you actually do once in a relationship? You had been so eager to be something with Scaramouche but never really thought things would really change. The only real difference was that Scaramouche had gotten more clingy.

Not the annoying can't leave your side clingy, but the clingy where once you return his hug he won't let you leave.

And caused you to stay in his embrace for a long time...

He was stuck to your side like glue, but you didn't mind it a bit.

Scaramouche had spent everyday off school with you as you tended to Sayu's sickness. But as it was Sayu of all people, most of her day already consisted of sleeping, now it was even more. And with her asleep, and the two of you with nothing do, days ended up being filled with you wrapped in his arms in some way on the couch while you both mindlessly scrolled on your phone and sometimes made conversation. Never anything more or less. Yet it never seemed to feel awkward or quiet.

It didn't take long for you to notice this was how he'd ever be expressing anything towards you. You'd already witnessed his struggle with words.

But finally, Sayu's temperature had returned to normal and all three of you were ready to return to school on Friday. More or less.

As you laid in bed the night before your return, all those memories of Yoimiya's words, students gossiping around you, even staff gave you strange looks came flooding back. You weren't ready to go. You weren't sure if you'd ever be ready. Even thinking about asking Scaramouche to transfer schools with you was an idea.

Despite it being in the early A.M.'s of the morning, you felt talking to someone about this would help you relax a bit. Before, any issues you faced would receive a therapy session from Yoimiya at three in the morning. But now you weren't able to go to her.

As much as you considered calling Scaramouche, you knew he'd be extra and end up coming over with a billion gifts. You wouldn't mind that but you didn't want him to go through the trouble.

Figuring out what to do made you realize just how little people you talk to. It made you want to be even a tiny bit more social.

You read through your contacts over and over again. Eventually you came to the idea of coming up with every pro and con for each person.

scara🤍 - love him, but dont wanna trouble him.

mom or dad - yeah theres no way youre telling them about everything, they love yoimiya and would tell you to ghost scaramouche and befriend her again.

sayuu😇 - sayus asleep.

yoi❣️ - uh.

childe🍊 - he wouldn't take anything seriously + doesnt know abt u and scara

kazuha🍁 - wait... maybe this could be the best option at the moment..

Out of all seven options, Kazuha seemed like the best. He would take it seriously and he seemed like the type to be a good listener. So out of options, you texted him.

kazuha🍁

y/n
hii
r u up

kazuha🍁
I am, do you need something?

y/n
are u able to talk for a bit
i need someone to talk to ig

His next typing bubble disappeared followed by a call from Kazuha, waking you up completely. Nervously, you answered.

"Hey Y/n, how are you?" His voice was even more relaxing through the phone.

"Alright, I guess."

"May I ask a question?"

"Go ahead."

"Why'd you talk to me instead of Scaramouche?" Just thinking about Scaramouche made you just as giddy as a little schoolgirl.

"I feel like he'd come over if I even asked him for advice. I want him to get some sleep." Scaramouche had stayed up till two a.m. over at your place just to return at seven a.m. the next day while you cared for Sayu.

"Ah, I see. I'm almost jealous of the relationship the two of you have." He laughs. "Oh! Back to you needing someone to talk to, is it possibly about Yoimiya, or perhaps Scaramouche?"

"Yeah." You nodded forgetting you were over the phone. "You went to school in Liyue with him right?" You remembered Scaramouche had mentioned that's how the two of them became friends.

"Indeed, was there something you wished to ask?"

So many questions were rushing through your mind and deciding a few to ask seemed impossible.

"How did you feel about the Tsaritsa?" was the first that came to mind.

Kazuha paused. "I feared her. Her power was unmatched, I met many who suffered her wrath. I'm grateful I left physically okay."

You decided not to question that last part, you continued. "Do you know how Yoimiya knew so much about him?"

"I'm not sure. She had a surprising amount of friends in Liyue for not living there, id often see her visiting her friends there. I'm guessing she learned from them."

"Do you think Yoimiya will be able to move on? And forgive me?" You blurted out, emotions clearly getting the best of you.

You could hear Kazuha sigh and adjust his position through the call.

"I'm not sure." He get out disappointed.

"I see. Well, thank you Kazuha. I'm gonna try to get some sleep now."

"Alright, goodnight y/n."

"Goodnight Kazuha."

You hung up and crawled back into your sheets that now were cold from the air.

You weren't expecting to wake up to see Scaramouche's beautiful indigo eyes shaking you awake. It didn't feel too early so you weren't sure if you slept through your alarm from last nights lack of sleep, or for some reason he was over early.

Luckily, it happened to be the second option. You soon learned that Sayu had let him in because he wanted to make sure you ate breakfast before returning to school. Unfortunately, this time he hadn't come with cheesecake, instead he brought a yogurt parfait, along with a milkshake that he may or may not have taken a sip of on the way here.

Scaramouche had offered to take Sayu to school and she was more than happy to not have to take the bus. Plus, very quickly she had warmed up to Scaramouche and already was comfortable enough to have normal conversations with him.

Later, while the two of you entered school side by side like before, you spotted a familiar blonde with her regular group.

a/n!!!

HIHI!!! this chapter was kinds cute stuff!! also scaramouche being clingy but only in private>>> ALSO!! Im gonna be writing a lot more for the next week to fill my time.

anyways enjoy the sweet moments before some angst i have planned😇